Biodegradable Coolant Suggestions

Thread: Biodegradable Coolant Suggestions

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Biodegradable Coolant Suggestions

Anyone in CNC land have positive experience with a certain brand of biodegradable coolant?
    I'm doing milling, turning, drilling, tapping(cut and form).
    I was considering Green Cut Misting and Cutting. (salesman drinks it)
    https://www.lubecorp.com/

The goal is to reduce waste without loosing efficiency.

Similar Threads:

*Registered User* mechanical_affinity's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Biodegradable Coolant Suggestions

The job I'm on is starting to explore minimum quantity lubrication myself, having stumbled on MQL while trying to find out more about Datron's alcohol-based coolant. I have pretty much the same questions.

Kool Mist is relatively cheap. Its MSDS says it contains Tri-ethanolamine (TEA), ethylene glycol and propylene glycol, which are 'harmful if swallowed' and 'irritant'.

--T.E.A. (says wikipedia) is in sunscreen, laundry detergent, hand sanitizer, shaving cream and paint. It's not good for aquatic species, and mentioned in the UN Chemical Weapons Convention.
    --Propylene glycol is the stuff in e-cigarettes that makes it smell sweet. It has a negative effect on the environment if dissolved in water because it reacts with dissolved oxygen, depriving fish.
    --Ethylene glycol is basically the main ingredient in antifreeze(!). It is highly toxic but breaks down in the environment in about 10 days.

Nastanedav

Quote Originally Posted by mechanical_affinity View Post

--Propylene glycol is the stuff in e-cigarettes that make it smell sweet. It has a negative effect on the environment if dissolved in water because it reacts with dissolved oxygen, depriving fish.
    Oh, yeas. The Propylene glycol is quite a magical substance which gives that feeling that the tastes in the juices somehow feel more real than the actual tastes of, for example, apple or grape. I was surprised by the superb quality of these ones deliciousnimbus.com. The chemical is just inhuman.