Need Help! need a laser as an extention cutter to a cnc

Thread: need a laser as an extention cutter to a cnc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default need a laser as an extention cutter to a cnc

Hi .. I have a Tormach and I am working on stainless steel and brass , but I am in need of cutting from 1mm to 15mm sheets befor working on them ..
    so the laser was a good solution .. where can I find a laser to set it as an extention to my CNC ..

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Metal Cutting

Hello,

I also have a Tormach #58 and I love it, now if I could find more time to learn and use it. I also just took delivery of a new 80 watt Laser machine. As far as I know you will need lots of watts to cut any kind of metal. And it will take a Yag laser not a CO2 laser. I will be posting the results of my laser delivery very soon....

Chris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Boost junky View Post
    you will need lots of watts to cut any kind of metal. And it will take a Yag laser not a CO2 laser.
    You do need lots of power, at least 200 watts to start cutting metal. The service I use has a 2,000 watt machine and can cut 3/16" stainless with no problem. Oh, and you don't need a YAG, Co2 cuts metal better than a yag.

Gary