Issues with Y axis Servo Amp Module

Thread: Issues with Y axis Servo Amp Module

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Issues with Y axis Servo Amp Module

Hi everyone.
    I am a Cad programmer and Operator for a family-owned business and I'm looking for some assistance to possibly fix the issue were having by myself to save some money instead of having a service tech out.

Our FANUC Y axis Servo amp has been giving us issues for a while now displaying alarm 8. We Had a service tech tell us a while ago that since it was a chilly in the morning to set a space heater out for 30 minutes and cycle power through again and see if the alarm dismisses itself. this worked a handful of times but now it will not clear. how do i tell if the amp is bad and needs to be replaced completely or that there is another underlying issue what we are unaware of. Laser control is also displaying an IPM alarm.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by msaunders99 View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I am a Cad programmer and Operator for a family-owned business and I'm looking for some assistance to possibly fix the issue were having by myself to save some money instead of having a service tech out.

Our FANUC Y axis Servo amp has been giving us issues for a while now displaying alarm 8. We Had a service tech tell us a while ago that since it was a chilly in the morning to set a space heater out for 30 minutes and cycle power through again and see if the alarm dismisses itself. this worked a handful of times but now it will not clear. how do i tell if the amp is bad and needs to be replaced completely or that there is another underlying issue what we are unaware of. Laser control is also displaying an IPM alarm.
    Could be motor, cable, connectors or drive amp.

It may need a fanuc tech.