Need Help! Y Gantry Grinding/Chattering - Please View

Thread: Y Gantry Grinding/Chattering - Please View

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Y Gantry Grinding/Chattering - Please View

Machine: 80w import co2 laser
    stepper motors: YKD2305m
    controller: acw708s

A quick background - this has been happening every now and then for a few months. I have found that typically if I move the gantry to a different Y position and restart the machine, it will work again right away without issues. Last night, I went to move the laser to the top left corner of the laser and it seemed to run into the back of the laser slightly (past the typical limit area) I am now not able to get the Y gantry to move without the grinding etc. The rotary axis works completely fine (it replaces the Y axis). Also, the grinding happens at any position - not just when it is just trying to home.

There is a red light being emitted on my AWC708S controller, specifically at the ground and 24v connection, I am not sure if this was there previously or is new. I have seen other issues similar to this fixed by finding a faulty cord running from the stepper motor. Is the typical course of action to get a multimeter and begin checking the voltages at various locations? Or is it more a visual inspection? I do see where there are a few wires spliced together that run from the stepper motor, so perhaps the electrical tape connection is causing issues?

Thank you so much for taking the time to give any insight you may have.

X Axis Motor making loud noise and not responding properly:
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/gener...esponding.html

Need Help Please! Restricted movement, loud noise on y axis.
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/gener...oud-noise.html

Loud noise when laser comes out of datum position
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/showt...tum%20position