Need Help! CO2 Laser 1325 300W - Uneven cutting

Thread: CO2 Laser 1325 300W - Uneven cutting

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CO2 Laser 1325 300W - Uneven cutting

Hello,
    Soon arrived my new laser machine, which has a 300 watt tube, work area 2500x1300mm.
    I have a problem that I haven't been able to solve for a week.
    The tube moves together with a mirror 1-2 along the entire length of the machine (2500 mm). My problem is that when I cut across the width of the machine (1300) at the closest point to mirror 2 I have the most power, and the farther I go, the less power I have. I understand it by the fact that near mirror 2, the cuts are thicker than the more distant ones.
    In this line of thinking:
    the work table is leveled, the point is centered in the four corners of the machine. I took the machine in order to cut 15mm plywood (I bought a 4 inch lens), with a specific thickness of the cuts (metal elements needs to be hammered). The thickness of the cut should be specific, but with this change in power, I can not adjust the appropriate thickness of the cut at all points of the machine.

I will be very grateful for the advice.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CO2 Laser 1325 300W - Uneven cutting

So your tube is mounted to the X axis and the beam bounces off two mirrors that are close together then travels up to 1300mm to hit mirror 3. I’ve never seen a machine that large but I don’t think that 1300 would be a problem. So it should not loose power.
    Did you check mirror alignment? Especially between mirrors 2 and 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dean448 View Post
    So your tube is mounted to the X axis and the beam bounces off two mirrors that are close together then travels up to 1300mm to hit mirror 3. I’ve never seen a machine that large but I don’t think that 1300 would be a problem. So it should not loose power.
    Did you check mirror alignment? Especially between mirrors 2 and 3.

Yes, the mirrors are perfectly aligned. Thats why i am so confused.

Downloads
    Uploads

All I can offer is that providing air to a 4” lens is tricky but that’s not part of your problem.
    Since you just got the machine is it possible to approach the manufacture with the problem?

Downloads
    Uploads

All I can offer is that providing air to a 4” lens is tricky but that’s not part of your problem.
    Since you just got the machine is it possible to approach the manufacture with the problem?

Can mirrors be the problem?

Downloads
    Uploads

Certain mirror types can’t withstand high wattage tubes but the manufacture would know that and bad mirrors are bad everywhere over the range of motion.

Downloads
    Uploads

Certain mirror types can’t withstand high wattage tubes but the manufacture would know that and bad mirrors are bad everywhere over the range of motion.

I think the problem comes from the fact that the point of the beam is greatest near mirror 2 and the further it moves away, the more it shrinks and at different ends of the machine falls differently on the lens and changes the focus.
    In my opinion the shape of the beam changes and mirror 3 receives a different beam in different parts of the machine.
    So how can I avoid that?

Downloads
    Uploads

Unlike visible light lasers have a collimated beam. Sure it’s not perfect but very constant within a meter or two. You can test it by letting the raw beam hit wood or foam at a near and far. Then compare the burn patterns.
    I’ve used a laser for many years and hung around these forums during that period and it’s just not common knowledge that lasers are weaker at greater distance. Keeping the optics aligned is more difficult. When everything is aligned you should be able to cut anywhere on the table.