Need Help! Laser fill missing fill always in the same place (see pictures)

Thread: Laser fill missing fill always in the same place (see pictures)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laser fill missing fill always in the same place (see pictures)

I have a chinese 60 watt laser (1200mm tube) The machine was purchased in April 2021 and has had very light usage.
    I use the Cohesion3D LaserBoard and lightburn software. I installed an mA Meter. I have my laser power (on machine not software) at 45 and the mA meter never goes over 20ma
    Water cooling CW5000

I have have used this no more than 75 hours in total (this is a really small part of my business which I wanted to increase for Christmas)
    So very little use
    This has been working like a charm, no problems at all until yesterday

It seemed to be missing parts of a fill (always the same parts) and the meter at some points showed no current at all even at 20% which is what its normally run at

I have added a couple of picture for you to look at. Not sure why but the line lasering seems ok but fill is just not working correctly

I really do not know much about electrics so if thats an issue I need to be very careful

I am not sure if this is a tube issue (hopefully not) a power issue or a software issue

The last line on the picture did not complete due to I turned the extraction air on and it stopped the laser

Thanks
    Kim

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser fill missing fill always in the same place (see pictures)-20211107_112443-jpg   Laser fill missing fill always in the same place (see pictures)-20211107_075912-copy-jpg   Laser fill missing fill always in the same place (see pictures)-20211107_090924-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser fill missing fill always in the same place (see pictures)

Whenever you have cutting problems with a laser the first thing you do is clean mirrors, lens and realign the optics. Pay attention that the beam isn’t hitting something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I have checked for alignment and cleaned all of the mirrors
    What gets me is that the issue is happening in the exact same places which leads me to believe its not an alignment or mirror issue as I assume that that would be sporadic not exactly the same places, obviously my knowledge is very limited here as I am a newbie but logic says this cannot happen in the exact same place on 2 different lines.
    To prove the point I lasered the bottom line on a different part of the bed
    Hope this helps
    Kim

Downloads
    Uploads

So the only safety I have on my machine is water. It sends an alarm and the power supply stops and the machine keeps going.
    Is it possible that you have an intermittent sensor? It could have sensors for door, water, and air flow. I would check all that wiring. These switches are wired normally closed so if the wire disconnects it looks like the door is open.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your reply
    As far as I know this has no sensors. If it did its unlikely that it would produce the same missing parts to the fill, thats what I cannot understand is its the same no matter what part of the bed this is lasered on it always look the same. I have tried this will different fonts and sizes and the missing bits are not the same across the fonts but when you replicate the font and run it again the missing bits are always in the same position
    Is it possible this maybe a lightburn issue? I think its great software and have not heard anyone have issue with it so I feel thats unlikely, really scratching my head with this one

Kim

Downloads
    Uploads

Yea it’s like the laser activates in three zones. I use Lightburn and haven’t seen that. I engrave at full power and tend to use speed to lighten the pattern. Or live with what I get.
    Between the tube, controller or software, the controller must interpret the geometry into light and dark which sends a PWM generated voltage to the power supply.
    Tubes tend to work or fail. In this case either the voltages are not generated properly in those sections or the power supply is ignoring them. Since it repeats, and how would the power supply know anything about zone, I would suspect the issue is in the controller. Not software since it worked and now it doesn’t, assuming you didn’t change the software.
    The only way I know how to confirm this is by looking at the voltage out of the controller using a scope. Kinda technical though.

Downloads
    Uploads

Try creating a box fully across the text on the weak parts and fill that. If it works, you can take out any optics issue.

Then it's either the tube is wonky or power supply not getting the lasering working in short times. My guess is the power supply has inconsistent response times.

Sent from my Nokia 3.4 using Tapatalk