Software questions for "NewlyDraw" - Page 2

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Software questions for "NewlyDraw"

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heeyyyyy gais I need your help, I have and engraver like your but I need the pawer coord and I dont now where to finde.

Downloads
    Uploads

Which power cord do you need Ive got several as we keep the 3040 in stock in the u.k you just need a standard one that goes into a computer...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    we have 3040s so we know what to do ???
    try to draw a circle in the newlydraw select cut or engrave (bottom lhs) then select file and engrave.then look in options you should be able to select the power (60% then speed of 15 to cut 3mm )
    check the switch inside the laser bottom rhs near the control board is set to automatic.
    If this works it could be a problem with your file.
    Thanks Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by laney74 View Post
    Hi, I'm a teacher, my school has just purchased a HX3040, that runs the newlydraw program. We are having so me issues, can someone help.

The situation:

We start newlydraw no worries, we import a dxf and set up the parameters, when we test run, the preview shows the cuts from inside to out that the laser should follow. But when we hit the Engrave button nothing happens.

As far as laser firing goes, we can test fire, we can burn the border / outline of the object (a rectangle). The head moves to where ever we manually tell it to move. It simply will not burn the dxf shape.

Anyone got any ideas to get it going. May be someone could provide a screen capture of parameters they use and a newlydraw file that they know works fine for us to give a try.

When this works its going to be awesome - but right now its being a pain in the butt.
    Hi,
    we have 3040s so we know what to do ???
    try to draw a circle in the newlydraw select cut or engrave (bottom lhs) then select file and engrave.then look in options you should be able to select the power (60% then speed of 15 to cut 3mm )
    check the switch inside the laser bottom rhs near the control board is set to automatic.
    If this works it could be a problem with your file.
    Thanks Chris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi there,
    l am a laser engraver virgin, l recently bought the rabbit40, l also have photograv.
    firstly could some one please help me by giving me step by step instructions on how to engrave with newly draw, making it as simple as possible because l seem to be making a pigs ear of my own efforts.
    secondly, could someone give me step by step instructions on how to engrave with photograv.
    l truly hope that l am not asking to much and that someone can help me.

finally, if there is anyone in the east anglia region of the u.k. who could help me l would be eternally gratefull.

thank you johnray

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

HI,
    could anyone tell me how to get my rabbit40 laser cutter to engrave the same size entered on my newlydraw screen.

thanks, john

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

John,
    How much different is the output compared to the screen?

If it is just a minor adjustment you can change the dpi settings in NewlyDraw to correct it.

These dpi settings are for the leadscrews on the machine, and nothing to do with the image dpi.

Zax.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi,
    thanks for the reply, the image is about a third of its intended size and seems slightly distorted, l dont know whether the two are connected.

john

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like something more is wrong. What speed are you running, perhaps it's losing steps - that would account for the size and distortion.

Try a scan speed of 10 and line gap of 0.1 to see if it corrects the problem.

Zax.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anybody know, how can i buy newly draw program? I lost a program for my laser system and now can not found this one. A week ago I wrote for sale support (0123.com.cn) but they don't answer me. May be it has another way to buy it?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi,
    l,ve got a spare one l think

john

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi zax,

thanks for your time, no l've tried that and it is still the same

john

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys, I just bought a HX 3040 that works with newlydraw but when I try to press many of the buttom inside the engrave browser, including start engrave it shows me an link error:2 message.

Do anyone knows why??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by valbyrne View Post
    Hey guys, I just bought a HX 3040 that works with newlydraw but when I try to press many of the buttom inside the engrave browser, including start engrave it shows me an link error:2 message.

Do anyone knows why??
    Within the engraving pop up window there is the option to select the type of machine. I have a 3040 model, but it only cuts when I tell Newlydraw that its a 40b (Or maybe an 'a') I'm not looking at the software right now, so can't be too specific.

Hope this helps.

Kris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a Shenhui Laser DC-G350B. The software that came with it is Newly Seal 11 and it does not have vector cut. Does anyone know if I purchase NewlyDraw if the machine will vector cut.
    At the moment I can engrave and can only cut square or circule.

Thanks alot.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink Laser Engrave plugin for Corel

If this laser came with a Controller software "plugin" for Corel like many other lasers,then the Chinese manufacturer would see a big increase in their profits. How hard can that be?

If the resellers pushed for this change then these little machines would be flying out the door.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    If this laser came with a Controller software "plugin" for Corel like many other lasers,then the Chinese manufacturer would see a big increase in their profits. How hard can that be?

If the resellers pushed for this change then these little machines would be flying out the door.
    Most of the Chinese systems do come with a Corel driver, some brands only have it on the mid to high end and others have it across the board.

The cheaper engraving systems usually come with dedicated software.

Zax.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by valbyrne View Post

Do anyone knows why??
    I have the same machine and had the same problem when I was trying to run the engraver through a usb to parallel cable. When I connected it using the serial cable provided it worked fine.

So i guess it means your pc is not communicating with the machine. Have you tried a different parallel cable? Or a different machine?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zoranp08 View Post
    I have a Shenhui Laser DC-G350B. The software that came with it is Newly Seal 11 and it does not have vector cut. Does anyone know if I purchase NewlyDraw if the machine will vector cut.
    At the moment I can engrave and can only cut square or circule.

Thanks alot.
    NewlyDraw with my rabbit 3040 can 'scan' (which is like a printer) and can cut vector lines too using 'cut'. Though I would far from recommend buying NewlyDraw its still pretty painful to use.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

When I import files from autocad in to newly draw does anyone know if i can change intervidual lines on the autocad work so I can e.g cut some and scan others.

What i am trying to do at the moment it make things out of cardboard. So would like some lines to be engraved (so i can bend them along the engraved line) and then cut round the outside of card board net. To do this at the moment I make two files in autocad and import them seperately and hope I get them in the right place. Does anyone have a better method or can give me some pointers on how use the layers in newly draw?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast