Hello,

A while back I created a thread on this forum asking for general information about laser systems. A lot has happened since then.

The company I work for will soon be purchasing an industrial robot and a laser cutting system. The robot will be a refurbished kuka model, the laser source will be from ipg, not sure which yet but I know it will be at least 2kW and in the 1micron range. The cutting head will probably be a raytools model. I am in contact with both companies in order to find the suitable products. Once I know exactly which source we will be purchasing I will get the correct chiller for said source (as recommended by the vendor). The gases and compressor will be purchased locally.

I have found a professional, experienced integrator who will assemble the laser system, install it on the robot and set everything up (including software, probably sprutcam). I just want to ask you guys for advice. Anything at all that you feel is relevant or that I need to know beforehand? The applications for this system will vary but they are all different types of cutting and the materials will all be similar. Reflective/soft materials such as brass or aluminum of ~3mm thickness and sometime harder materials, maybe a little thicker, which I am given to understand is easier to accomplish. I have of course provided this information to the vendors, I'm just adding it here for context.

Any input will be appreciated.