Is it possible to get a usable laster engraver/Cutter for under £500

Thread: Is it possible to get a usable laster engraver/Cutter for under £500

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Is it possible to get a usable laster engraver/Cutter for under £500

Hi

I am completely new to laser cutting engraving, and I am aware my budget is extremely limited for this area....however fortunately so are my uses!

I will be mainly to looking to engrave/cut thin wood/acyrlic for plant labels and occasional other woodworking hobby uses.

Is it possible to get anything usable for that kind of budget..I have been looking at the Chinese K40 machines..but am having difficulty telling the various models apart (in the UK)

Eg is this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40W-CO2-L...m/293839623413

Is it really worth the premium over this similar looking model

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40W-CO2-L...y/233758264123

I aware I may need to take some time to set it up and probably look to add improvements to the original, but could i get a reasoable set up for under £500 or are there better options for that budget in the UK?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Is it possible to get a usable laster engraver/Cutter for under £500

Maybe someone who actually has one of these will comment... but posts I’ve read suggest that they require a decent amount of tweaking and modifications to get them to work. I guess it depends on your skills. And luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Is it possible to get a usable laster engraver/Cutter for under £500

The cheaper one is used. I'd be suspicious if I couldn't see it actually running.

The K40 lasers are pretty well understood - you can find a lot of info on the internet about them. Opinions are divided between better to build one from scratch vs get the K40 and fix it up. I've just got a small one with5.5W diode. Thinking about moving up to at least a 40W, will build if I do.