Marking lots of anodized parts/which machine?

Thread: Marking lots of anodized parts/which machine?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Marking lots of anodized parts/which machine?

Hello everyone,

I would like to first say that I know very little about lasers but very knowledgeable around CnC machines.

We are looking for a machine that will strictly be marking anodized aluminum with our company logo and such. We are looking to mark lots of parts and trying to not only find a fast machine but one that will do a decent amount of parts at one time. I think we want something that is 24x36" at minimum. I have been told that CO2 would be the way to go and not to get anything over a 80W. Just trying to learn a little more about what machines i should be looking at for our particular situation/need. Thank you for any help you may offer.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Marking lots of anodized parts/which machine?

You need a gantry fiber laser machine. All majo brands make them. Here are the top 3 options:

- Epilog Fusion Pro 48
    - Trotec Speedy 360 Flexx
    - GCC S290LS

It may be a good idea to add a camera for precise positioning of the graphics.

If the cycle time is very important for you check the option for a gantry machine equipped with a galvo head. The speed and the engraving quality will be significantly better. It will have to be a custom made machine. Most likely you will have to import it from China.

Downloads
    Uploads

Fiber laser are more expensie than co2 and i think a co2 laser will do same work , but slower , the main benefit it is more cheap .

Downloads
    Uploads

We mark on anodized aluminum all the time with our mopa laser but the marking area is small and the speed is slow too.

Downloads
    Uploads

First, I'll say I don't know anything about lasers, but I watched this video recently and it may offer an alternative. There is a link to the company that makes the hardware (in Poland). Good luck with your search.