Need Help! Purchasing a Thunder Laser vs G. Weike Laser or other

Thread: Purchasing a Thunder Laser vs G. Weike Laser or other

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Purchasing a Thunder Laser vs G. Weike Laser or other

I'm trying to decide between purchasing a Thunder Laser vs a G. Weike or other laser in terms of price. I'm looking at the 54 x 36 version or similar. The Thunder Laser price includes everything shipped to my doorstep from what I understand. Is there a 25% tariff on Chinese lasers at this point as there is on other goods?

I'm wondering if a G. Weike Laser (or other $4-5000 laser) + import taxes/tariffs and shipping puts me pretty close to the cost of a Thunder Laser. The one nice thing about TL is the support forums and they are claimed to be built to a higher standard. Are there others (besides Boss which is over my budget) that are worth looking at? Like everyone, I suppose, trying to find the best bang for the buck.

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Purchasing a Thunder Laser vs G. Weike Laser or other

Thunder lasers are made in China

AEON Laser CO2 Laser Cutters and Engraving Machines | Aeon Laser USA is worth a look if you like to have a high-end laser with USA support.

www.aeonlaser.com
    Built-in chiller, air assist, extractor.Super speed.Western look.

I tried also, what I get for 6090 range . Thunderlaser $5650.00, G-weike $2600.00, Aeon MiRA 9 $4190,00 etc.. All of them with no exception are very good on pushing offers , as soon as you start asking questions about what hardware is used the communications suddenly stops.
    Most of them are more or less the same build , supposedly Thunderlaser a bit better quality, Aeon a bit different on the approach trying to resemble western hardware . Buying from china is a big gamble, all of them want to sell, but to obtain a bit of info on the hardware used is a very long process.The general idea is buy what I got and do not put to many questions.
    The worst of the bunch is Aeon, idiotic marketing what even a 5 years old can see through, and definitely do not put questions on what are you buying.Personally for whatever the reason I liked Mira9, but is like they try to pull you in their ecosystem, parts are not easy to buy like on the other 90% of the Chinese lasers.
    You can have a look at Transon apparently they are quite decent sellers, but do not expect any support if something happen, they already tried to sell me an old model at an inflated price with "upgrades" , and on off the shelf spare parts from what I saw they inflated the price at almost double.
    I mean is no secret that 90% of the so called "factories" work to a based Chinese government approved skeleton machine blueprint for export , and all buy the parts from the same place. In reality they are just assemblers, but is their choice what parts they buy cheap/expensive.
    The problem with Chinese lasers is that you can buy "China" or "China, China" this is why most of them avoid telling you what hardware is used, some are good at marketing and they sell the skin of the bear from the forest, some took a "western" approach and as long is within of 10% of the initial purchase price they try to oversell you all sorts of junk.
    I will say that overall is a bad experience towards miserable, on response time, tech info, communications, etc. Good luck to you with your search.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey I have the same question. I am also between a gweike 6090 and a thunderlaser Nova 35 or I am even looking into the bigger models the 1000x900 Versions.

I got a offer from gweike for the 1390 from gweike for 3800$ to that I have to add 19 importtax and other taxes plus extra costs I am not sure of yet.

When I buy a thunderlaser here in Germany the costs are 13700 € incl. taxes and I can just pick up the machine.

The difference is this. Thunderlaser has a German and a American distributor. They offer a good customer support and they help you when the machine has problems. They have also done the necesarry Safety Checks so the fullfill all standards needed in the EU.

I talked directly tp gweike and they dont even have a user manual.

Also there CE Marking is not correctly done. They sent you a CE Certification but they dont have a signed Declartion of Conformity. So they dont meet the standards to import into the EU.

And I run into the risk that the machine will be stopped by customs.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/busines...y/index_en.htm

Quote Originally Posted by akopp View Post
    Hey I have the same question. I am also between a gweike 6090 and a thunderlaser Nova 35 or I am even looking into the bigger models the 1000x900 Versions.

I got a offer from gweike for the 1390 from gweike for 3800$ to that I have to add 19 importtax and other taxes plus extra costs I am not sure of yet.

When I buy a thunderlaser here in Germany the costs are 13700 € incl. taxes and I can just pick up the machine.

The difference is this. Thunderlaser has a German and a American distributor. They offer a good customer support and they help you when the machine has problems. They have also done the necesarry Safety Checks so the fullfill all standards needed in the EU.

I talked directly tp gweike and they dont even have a user manual.

Also there CE Marking is not correctly done. They sent you a CE Certification but they dont have a signed Declartion of Conformity. So they dont meet the standards to import into the EU.

And I run into the risk that the machine will be stopped by customs.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/busines...y/index_en.htm
    Yep but do not forget that in that 13700 euro, is included also the 20 something tax, VAT, transport and the profit of the dealer because he is offering you "free training" support, local warranty...bla, bla As I said Thunder quoted me in china for a 6090 $5650.00 and I had the feeling that they quoted me a retail price not a factory price. All just did not add up looking at the pricing of the american dealer, if you added US import taxes transport, sales tax, time spent with training, verification of the machines...bla, bla, bla was resulting that the dealer was operating at a loss and that was not possible. They will add 4.5% extra their fee of Paypal, if you go that route. That was a first for me when somebody asked me to pay my fees +their fees.