Need Help! Loosing Steps (I think)

Thread: Loosing Steps (I think)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Loosing Steps (I think)

I have a 100W Red/Black China Laser running LightBurn. I think I am losing steps when I am performing a "Fill" operation. Line and Image modes do NOT lose steps.

It is really weird. It engraves Text as Italic, Reverse Italic or Curved even though it should be plain Arial Text. It seems to be unpredictable which direction the slant is going to go.

I have tried everything I can think of to fix it (Hardware, Steppers, Drivers, Power Supply, Acceleration, Steps per Rev, Stepper Current). If I convert the Text to a Black/White image and engrave that with similar settings (power, speed, acceleration, etc.), time to finish and burn depth is almost identical, it works fine with no lost steps and perfectly straight Text.

I have attached a couple of Images to illustrate the problem. The first shows a bunch of Text for a Business Card and illustrates how the slant can change throughout. The second is a test I created with 2 sizes of text inside a bounding box. The bounding box was cut in Line mode with the same settings as the Fill and Image. I am cutting everything at 100mm/s and 10% power. All of the acceleration settings are currently set at 1000mm/s/s. Everything is cut bottom to top and I think it always starts at the lower left corner.

Anybody have any suggestions?