Need Help! RDC6442 driven laser not firing

Thread: RDC6442 driven laser not firing

Downloads
    Uploads

Default RDC6442 driven laser not firing

Hi, I'm having trouble getting my 60W Chinese laser cutter to fire. The tube is fine and the laser can be fired by pushing the test button on the PSU, but not via the pulse button on the console.

Here's what I have tried so far (with reference to attached image of controller and PSU):

0) I have placed masking tape over the first mirror so I can detect if the laser is firing (no amp-meter)

1) If I unplug the input from the controller to the PSU (plug A) and hit the test button on the PSU, the laser fires at full power.

2) With plug A connected, the test button on the PSU will no longer fire the laser (laser fire indicator stays off, no burning on the tape)

3) With plug A connected, if I hit the pulse button on the control panel, , the TL indicator and laser-fire-indicator lights on the PSU come on, but the laser fires at extremely minimal power (barely visible darkening on the making tape if I fire for ~3 seconds). I have set the power using the min-power and max-power buttons on the control panel to values between 50% and 98% with no change.

4) On the PSU side,
    - WP input is connected to ground (hardwired with blue wire, confirmed with multimeter)
    - WP light is on (I believe this light was also on when the laser was operating correctly)

5) On the controller side,
    - WP1 is connected to GND provided the water is flowing (confirmed with multimeter)
    - DrProc is connected to GND provided the lid is closed (confirmed with multimeter)
    - I have checked the Diagnosis+ menu in the control panel. No alerts, correctly detects if I open the door or unplug the water pump.
    - L-AN1 jumps to 4.6V when the pulse button is pressed
    - Led 14 is blinking (previous searching on this forum indicated this is a good thing)
    - Led 9 is on (may indicate WP is enabled)

6) Connections between the controller and PSU (Plug A -> Plug B) have all been checked with the multimeter to correspond to the RDC6442 manual.
    - L-on connected to TL
    - PWM1 connected to IN
    - Gnd to Gnd

7) I have tried connecting L-AN1 (instead of LPWM1) to IN on the PSU - but that makes no difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I could try or where the problem might lie? If there is a fault, is it likely to be in the controller or the PSU? I am stumped.