Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help! - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!

Looks like there is a new thing i can see in the logging of the activities with CANreal when i asked Manager5 to send LSS command

does it means we have now communication ?

Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-nodesearch20-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-nodesearch20-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!

HOLY F@CKIN COW !!!! I THINK ITS FINALLY WORKING !!

Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-nodesearch23-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-nodesearch23-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

FINALLY WORKING GOD DAAAAAMNNN

Looks like the NTCAN-API needed to download the Windows10 SDK file to have a working infrastructure to be able to talk on the CANbus......... WHY NOTHING TELLS THIS KINDA STUPID THIIIINNNGGG!!!!

Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-nodesearch26-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-nodesearch26-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Letomoto View Post
    FINALLY WORKING GOD DAAAAAMNNN

Looks like the NTCAN-API needed to download the Windows10 SDK file to have a working infrastructure to be able to talk on the CANbus......... WHY NOTHING TELLS THIS KINDA STUPID THIIIINNNGGG!!!!

Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-nodesearch26-jpg

The images are too small to make out. Bu yes, you finally have a connection with a identified node.

Post higher resolution images of the screen. The CANopen manual will tell you how to configure for step and direction.

Good Work !! Now keep at it.

Iron-Man

Downloads
    Uploads

i do not know why you see small pictures , on my screen in this thread theyre 10 inches wide

Downloads
    Uploads

And thanks alot for your help , it really helped me to go forward !!

i did configure all of these ! sorry for the mess hah

Downloads
    Uploads

How is your progress?

Did you do anything special with power connections?

Iron-Man

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello , i been able to set the parameters into them thru Motion Manager 5 an 6 and i can control them with my 3D printer STEP-DIR outputs but there is a last thing who makes me unable to use them without using the Motion Manager to tell them to "ENOP" enable operation mode ...

i am giving power to the "Uel" pin and it enable it but not in Operation mode ...... i can see the status light in Motion Manager is going from yellow to green when applying power to the pin7 "Uel" , i have to click on the "Enable output stage" in the Motion manager to tell the MCBL to hold his position and respond to the signals.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8f3H2v9c5N37Mcmy8

now trying to find if there is a way to include commands in the onboard memory to let him send himself the commands when booting up and ENOP himself and could be driven... i am really having troubles finding if it could be done or there is no way .

Hopefully there is a way to set him for commands to be automatically given by himself without being connected to a CAN interface and MotionManager but i am not familiar with this kind of stuff , still waiting for Faulhaber support for this last step to be able to build my CO2 laser machine but it takes daaayyyss to have support replies ( who didnt worked since january) and now Covid-19 is adding troubles..... gnaahhhhh !

Trying "Add file" in the Manager and it reacts really to ENOP when i write it down in the page and i click the "PLAY" button but when i click "Download to the controller" it doesnt do anything when i turn it OFF and ON again to reboot.... doing wrong but where and hoowww

Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-mcbltry-jpg

Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-mcbltry22-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-mcbltry22-jpg   Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-mcbltry2-jpg   Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-mcbltry-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello , i been able to set the parameters into them thru Motion Manager 5 an 6 and i can control them with my 3D printer STEP-DIR outputs but there is a last thing who makes me unable to use them without using the Motion Manager to tell them to "ENOP" enable operation mode ...

i am giving power to the "Uel" pin and it enable it but not in Operation mode ...... i can see the status light in Motion Manager is going from yellow to green when applying power to the pin7 "Uel" , i have to click on the "Enable output stage" in the Motion manager to tell the MCBL to hold his position and respond to the signals.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8f3H2v9c5N37Mcmy8

now trying to find if there is a way to include commands in the onboard memory to let him send himself the commands when booting up and ENOP himself and could be driven... i am really having troubles finding if it could be done or there is no way .

Hopefully there is a way to set him for commands to be automatically given by himself without being connected to a CAN interface and MotionManager but i am not familiar with this kind of stuff , still waiting for Faulhaber support for this last step to be able to build my CO2 laser machine but it takes daaayyyss to have support replies ( who didnt worked since january) and now Covid-19 is adding troubles..... gnaahhhhh !

Trying "Add file" in the Manager and it reacts really to ENOP when i write it down in the page and i click the "PLAY" button but when i click "Download to the controller" it doesnt do anything when i turn it OFF and ON again to reboot.... doing wrong but where and hoowww

Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-mcbltry-jpg

Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-mcbltry22-jpg

I purchased one from Ebay to try the CAN interface,Faulhaber MCBL3006 C 3085. Is this the model you have?
    Can you post a picture of the power side connections.
    I am using a Peak CAN FD USB device for the connection.

Thanks,

Iron-Man

Last edited by Iron-Man; 03-18-2020 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Peak CAN

Downloads
    Uploads

You have Faulhaber too ? I seen some PEAK interfaces modules but they were pretty expensive !!

MCBL3006 C 3085 is officially the model i have . All the connections are correct now and i can play with them

Here on the picture i am using the power supply voltage to pin7 "Uel" and it turns it ON but not operational
    the white wire not connected is the voltage coming from the 3D printer Enable pin , using it when i test the motion with the 3D board and it turns it ON but not operational untill i send the ENOP command thru the Manager

Downloads
    Uploads

Hopefully you wont have as much of PITA i had setting the ESD interface because not getting communication. If it doesnt work straight i suggest you really going to download the winsdksetup.exe https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...indows-10-sdk/

and

NetFx64.exe https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/down...s.aspx?id=6523 Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0

to be able to let the interface using the NTCAN-API . These are the reason why it works for me now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hopefully you wont have as much of PITA i had setting the ESD interface because not getting communication. If it doesnt work straight i suggest you really going to download the winsdksetup.exe https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...indows-10-sdk/

and

NetFx64.exe https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/down...s.aspx?id=6523 Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0

to be able to let the interface using the NTCAN-API . These are the reason why it works for me now.
    Hello Letomoto

I still have not been able to establish a connection yet.
    These devices seem to be extremely picky with the CAN interface.
    I believe that my controller maybe a little different. I show Ub as +24V and Gnd. Pin Uel is un-connected.
    I mainly wanted to experiment with the CAN interface.
    Have you made any more progress?

Thanks,

Iron-Man

I changed the +24V power to the Uel pin instead of the Ub pin.
    I now have a connection.

Iron-Man

Last edited by Iron-Man; 03-23-2020 at 07:39 PM. Reason: HAVE A CONNECTION NOW

Downloads
    Uploads

yes Uel is the seperated electronics power containing communications , Ub is the motor power , Faulhaber guy told me it is seperated with the 3085 option

Good to see you have a connection ! just installed the PEAK software and the Manager , powered the Uel and connected ? i should had spent more than 75$ for a ESD interface and get PEAK .... would had saved 40 hours of trials , banging my head and frustration... Deer God...

the last email i sent to Faulhaber to have some help to find a way to make the MCBL telling himself to ENOP was 9 days ago , no reply , feels like it been a month ..

i asked them 14th march :

i found a way to put the MCBL in Output Mode to be controllable using the (node#)ENOP and i put it in the Editor . When i just click on the play button the servo motor is activated and hold his position but when i click on the Download button it tells me error...

It would probably be written in somewhere in the bootloading file but where it is ? i tried putting ENOP in the parameter file Param.mcp and it doesnt ENOP while getting powered.

They answered me 2 days after and i do not understand why they tell me to just use the CANopen and send commands , i just exactly asked them if there is a way to program the MCBL to not need to send him CANOpen commands with the interface , just powering it . Am i missing something or they didnt understood what i wrote in my email ? i am not sure what this means "
    first navigate through the state machine sequence " where should it be ? inside the MCBL or just inside the Manager ? i am also a frenchie , maybe i dont have my own inboard translation interface to understand their sentence

** When enabling the drive over the CANOpen protocol, you must first navigate through the state machine sequence. Initially, you need to use to prepare the drive by first performing a shutdown with the SHUTDOWN command. Then you can activate the drive with the SWITCHON command all before finally carrying out the “enable operation” with ENOP. The easier way to do this is simply activate the power stage with EN which handles all three steps at once.

Best Regards, **

Downloads
    Uploads

Well i got new from Faulhaber support and this MCBL 3006 C version is absolutely CAN dependent to work

It appears that the problem is because you have the CAN version of the controller MCBL3006C and it won’t power up enabled.

Because it is the CAN controller it requires the “Enable” to be set from the CAN master.

The function of stepper motor mode should act like a stepper but I thought that the problem was that you could not get it to start up in that mode.

The issue is then that with the CAN controller the EN has to be sent from the CAN master but stepper motor mode should work fine after that

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.

They tell me i should buy another version of MCBL but i dont have about 1200USD to throw out of the window to be able to control 4 motion controllers without CAN

What i am gonna try this week is setting up a Arduino R3 with a CAN-BUS Shield . https://keyestudio.com/2019new-keyes...-r3-p0543.html
    Will learn how to program an automated script to send CANbus commands just when it powers ON to Enable them and connect my 4 MCBLs together on the CAN-Bus . Will control the movements with the 3D printer motherboard . Should be simple , receiving the Arduino kit friday .

Will give news about that

Downloads
    Uploads

Well i got new from Faulhaber support and this MCBL 3006 C version is absolutely CAN dependent to work

It appears that the problem is because you have the CAN version of the controller MCBL3006C and it won’t power up enabled.

Because it is the CAN controller it requires the “Enable” to be set from the CAN master.

The function of stepper motor mode should act like a stepper but I thought that the problem was that you could not get it to start up in that mode.

The issue is then that with the CAN controller the EN has to be sent from the CAN master but stepper motor mode should work fine after that

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.

They tell me i should buy another version of MCBL but i dont have about 1200USD to throw out of the window to be able to control 4 motion controllers without CAN

What i am gonna try this week is setting up a Arduino R3 with a CAN-BUS Shield . https://keyestudio.com/2019new-keyes...-r3-p0543.html
    Will learn how to program an automated script to send CANbus commands just when it powers ON to Enable them and connect my 4 MCBLs together on the CAN-Bus . Will control the movements with the 3D printer motherboard . Should be simple , receiving the Arduino kit friday .

Will give news about that

Hello Letomoto

That sounds good. You may also be able to use a PIC micro.
    Another problem is that they require analogue hall sensors for the 2 pole motors.
    I have brushless motors, but they are, without analogue hall sensors.
    It is a great unit to investigate their CAN interface.

Iron-Man

Downloads
    Uploads

i gonna receive this kit friday , kinda lot of things and tutorials coming with it , will be learning more things ! Kinda reminds me when i had 8-10 years old , my dad offered me an electronic board with components built into it and instructions to make many circuits, like doing a AM radio by connecting the components with included jumpers lol

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Downloads
    Uploads

well , i been able to setup the CAN-Bus Shield on Arduino .
    i can see with the USB interface in Motion Manager that messages are sent on the Bus but it doesnt seem to do anything to the MCBL..... i am following things from this manual and i do not have much success....
    https://www.faulhaber.com/fileadmin/...7000_05030.pdf

Trying many different messages ....

when the CAN-Bus shield is connected i can see it sends message on the Bus while looking at the Manager Terminal but the messages seems to not affect the MCBL. I am trying to understand some more things now but it is rough ! What i am understanding from the CanOPEN manual is to use 0x000ID to talk to the whole network of nodes .

Here in the screenshot i recorded when i plug in the MCBL power supply , booting then i turn on the Can-bus Shield and it sends the EN message who should be HEX 00 0F

tried a few messages to be sent

Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-canbus1-jpg
    Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-canbus2-jpg

Here i made it send exactly the same message and it didnt seems its doing anything but when i type in the Terminal START command it does something

Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-canbus3-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-canbus1-jpg   Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-canbus2-jpg   Faulhaber Servo Motor and driver , needs CANbus interface to setup , help!-canbus3-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I will try to use pcan view and see if I can enable the system.

Iron-Man

Downloads
    Uploads

Whats up Iron ? Tried something ? I tried a bunch of times using other messages following the CANOpen manual of Faulhaber and it fails ... maybe just a simple variable i dont know about to setup to the Arduino to send a message as a Master or something . I am very new to CAN and Arduino so it's a pretty rough hill to climb !

Downloads
    Uploads

Whats up Iron ? Tried something ? I tried a bunch of times using other messages following the CANOpen manual of Faulhaber and it fails ... maybe just a simple variable i dont know about to setup to the Arduino to send a message as a Master or something . I am very new to CAN and Arduino so it's a pretty rough hill to climb !
    Hello Letomoto

I have made some progress with PCAN View, but it is very limited. The problem seems to be issuing the correct CAN ID. I did get a response from using CAN ID 702h.
    The Object Browser has all the information that is needed to access. I think the issue is setting the correct CAN ID and then sending the correct data.

ID=702h,Type=D,Length=8,Data=00000000000000FF,IDFo rmat=hex,Comment="Node 2 NMT:5"

In addition, I activated the output, then monitored the response in the terminal. Three (3) controlwords are issued to switch on the output. 0x6040 is correct.
    Just need correct CAN ID and it should be simple to control MCBL 3006.

13:44:21.833 2 SOBJ 6040.00 0006 (6) Controlword
    13:44:21.848 OK
    13:44:21.952 2 SOBJ 6040.00 0007 (7) Controlword
    13:44:21.966 OK
    13:44:22.071 2 SOBJ 6040.00 000F (15) Controlword
    13:44:22.085 OK

Iron-Man

Last edited by Iron-Man; 04-15-2020 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Extra Info

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast