Need Help! Laser cutting - Missing while cutting

Thread: Laser cutting - Missing while cutting

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Laser cutting - Missing while cutting

My machine is missing small +-0.5 to 1 mm areas whist cutting. Its is NOT at random. Each cut I do has the missing areas at exactly the same location. Also cutting shapes are not as smooth as it us to be? Its as if it makes a little lip just before it misses.

Recently had an issue where my Y axis was stuck. Opened the motor and found the problem (A loose washer), but before that I tried a million things to find the problem and I might of changed something I am not aware of.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser cutting - Missing while cutting

Quote Originally Posted by GPM83 View Post
    My machine is missing small +-0.5 to 1 mm areas whist cutting. Its is NOT at random. Each cut I do has the missing areas at exactly the same location. Also cutting shapes are not as smooth as it us to be? Its as if it makes a little lip just before it misses.

Recently had an issue where my Y axis was stuck. Opened the motor and found the problem (A loose washer), but before that I tried a million things to find the problem and I might of changed something I am not aware of.

The symptom is typical for misalignment of the CO2 laser beam. Last time I checked, there were three different persons that provided beam alignment procedures for Chinese made machines on instructables.com.