Hi guys, I'm having some issues with my 50w chinese laser. I've used this site before with some success overcoming my previous problems and learning the craft from getting my engraving machine 2 years ago. I'm wondering if anyone can help as I have turned my hobby into a small business recently and although I don't get many orders, I have a few I need to fulfill pretty quickly.
I was cutting some 3mm ply a few days ago when halfway through the job my beam stopped cutting through. I realigned and cleaned my mirrors and lens and hoped this would solve my problem. The lens is only 3 weeks old and has been working great until this point. I installed a brand new tube, cleaned and realigned everything again but I'm having the same problem. I've read through a lot of threads on here to try and gain some insight but apart from realignment and focal point I can't see anything that would help. My machine only has a power adjustment panel so i can't get a reading on amps/output etc. I know my alignment and focal point are correct and visibly my tube appears to be working great but is behaving in the same manner as the one I took off. Is there something I'm missing? Perhaps on the electrical side of things? Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.