Considering a KERN 50x100 400W CO2 laser table

Thread: Considering a KERN 50x100 400W CO2 laser table

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Considering a KERN 50x100 400W CO2 laser table

I went to the FabTech 2019 show in Chicago and saw the Kern Laser table. They had their Optiflex 50x100 table there to drool over, but it was not cutting.

I am considering adding this machine to my bag-o-tricks going into 2020 for the AMAZING low price of $174,800.00 This will include the 400 Watt CO2 laser, and the rotary attachment for tubing, mugs, etc.

I have a HOBBY workshop in which I "tinker." I know that most of the stuff I have in my shop will not be found in the average hobby shop. For example, my Toyota forklift, and my IR Rotary Screw air compressor, and the 510 CNC plasma table. I once had five cnc tables, but I sold off two of the GoTorch units and one Samson 510 table at the start of the summer of 2019. I probably shot myself in the foot by selling the 510, because I DID enjoy using it as a dedicated router table.

Anyway, I am thinking about this laser. Gosh, I would love to add it to my shop, but it really falls out of the home hobby tool class with a price tag nearly equal to the value of my home. I sure can make a lot with it though.

What are your thoughts? Should I forget about it, and just live out my life with what I have, or should I buy this table, and hope that I can produce enough product to sell at swap meets, flea markets, trade shows and online, to pay for the machine?

They say, "You only live once!" I hear this table calling my name, but ...