Flaring Help

Thread: Flaring Help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Flaring Help

My company has a Universal Laser ILS12.150D. I've noticed that, any time I am cutting acrylic, it flares up around the top left corner. It doesn't matter if it's painted or not, masked or not, sprayed with water or not. It always flares up. So much so that, when I am cutting painted material, it ends up bubbling the paint and destroying it - even when masked.

I've taken out every variable. the material I cut most is 3/16" non-glare acrylic. Usually painted. But, again, it doesn't really matter what kind of material I am using. I always get flare ups.

Can somebody please help me troubleshoot this? The only thing I can think of now is that the laser beam isn't traveling as far at the top left corner (since that's where the beam originates), so it's more powerful when it hits that area. But if somebody else has a reason or figured out a way to get around this, I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Flaring Help

Are you using air assist and if you are is it enough

Downloads
    Uploads

We do have air assist and I use the nose cone. It happens regardless of where I have the pressure set. It flares up at 50 psi the same as it does at 80 psi.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is what happens when it flares up on painted materials.Flaring Help-img_2781-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flaring Help-img_2781-jpg