Help to identify mystery part

Thread: Help to identify mystery part

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help to identify mystery part

Hello all. I have experience building 3D printers and understand CNC routers but am new to lasers. I'm assembling an 80w Orion Tech and am learning the hard way about lack of documentation of the Chinese machines. I found a part in the laser tube box that I cannot identify. I've posted a picture in the thread. It is a little smaller than a package of stick gum with a hole in one end as if it is a cover for something. It feels heavy like it is ceramic. I've also looked at part sheets for laser tubes and cannot find anything like this listed. If you recognize this I'd appreciate any pointers. Thank you in advance.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help to identify mystery part-mysterypart-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help to identify mystery part

I could be totally wrong, but I think it's a high-voltage insulator... it looks a little bit like some of the
    HV components on my K40's power supply... I suspect it goes over the high-voltage lead where it goes into the tube.

Hopefully somebody who has the exact unit you do will chime in with a more definite answer.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you! I will investigate. and an insulator would make sense.

Downloads
    Uploads

If it's ceramic, it's an insulator. I wouldn't waste any time trying to identify it. It's probably a part for installation on a different laser.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TokinSpokane
    Custom Crafts

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=TokinSpokane;2319476]If it's ceramic, it's an insulator. I wouldn't waste any time trying to identify it. It's probably a part for installation on a different laser.

Thanks for your help. The company got back to me and confirmed that it is an insulator for the high voltage side. Having said that, after some digging I found that Ceramic Laser Reflectors look remarkably like what was in my box:

https://www.innovacera.com/tag/ceramic-reflectors