Need Help! Help please

Thread: Help please

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help please

Hi.

I 've been asked from work to engrave on plexi.The first photo is what I 've done and the second is what I must achieve.You can clearly see a difference in lines.The second one is much whiter and bigger.I used cut not scan cause the dont want to use scan.Ive tried 60 speed and power 10 on a 120 watt laser.When I used more power the cut was deeper but nothing changed.My thought was maybe it's a combination of scan and cut or maybe try lower the laser so its closer to the surface of plexi.The program I use is rd works.Any ideas would be welcome.
    Thanks in advance.

Help please-20190806_142355-jpgHelp please-20190806_142340-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help please-20190806_142340-jpg   Help please-20190806_142355-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help please

hi
    I achieve this , if you leave the cut parameters as they are and just set the head out of focus and you will get a thicker line
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

First of all thanks for your quick reply Dave.By setting the head out of focus you mean to lower the head of the laser closer to the plexi's surface?

Downloads
    Uploads

HI
    Well that might work but I normally set it further from the work piece
    just play around till you get a happy medium that works for you
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok ill try and sent you my results.Thanks again for your help.

Have a nice day

Downloads
    Uploads

So an update.

The first pic I set it further from the work piece speed 60 and power 10.I did not change anything and you can clearly see the lines is thinner than before.The second i set it closer about half the distance from the work piece speed 30 and power 15.As you can see it's a mess.Finally on the third i kept the same distance as the second one and set the speed at 30 and power back to 10 and i made two passes.Now the lines are fat and close to what i want but in any case i could not achieve the white lines as in the Joker pic.Any suggestions Dave?Help please-20190809_184048-jpgHelp please-20190809_184125-jpgHelp please-20190809_184109-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help please-20190809_184125-jpg   Help please-20190809_184048-jpg   Help please-20190809_184109-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

hi
    well you did ask about getting a thicker line I didn't realise you wanted a white line as well
    first of all what resolution have you pulled that image in at because it looks like its quite low to me but then I have not seen the original
    I am going to have a play with this on plexi tomorrow and see what I can come up with for you
    but at this stage I am thinking to get that white line its probably going to be a scan job
    will post when back from work tomorrow afternoon
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

It's not an image it's a dxf file.Im looking forward to see your test tomorrow and I hope you came to a conclusion.In any case I want a thicker line and be white as well.Just like the Joker pick.Thanks in advance for your time and effort Dave.

Downloads
    Uploads

hi
    please send me the dxf pattern info.dtcrafts@gmail.com
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

The Jocker looks like it is made on a router/mill, not a laser. Check the corners.

Downloads
    Uploads

well after a fight an in focus scan looks the best but not great
    I think tommylight is correct the joker is a milled job giving a more consistent white line
    Help please-scan-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help please-scan-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry for my late reply and thanks both of you for your time.It s definitely a laser job and the reason is we don't own a cnc router or mill at work but I own a router so ill do a test and post it when I got time.I will also sent you Dave the dxf at Monday cause I'm out of town right now.Can you please tell me what was your power speed you used on your sample?How far was your laser head from the material approximately.i can see you used cut cooperation not scan am I right?Could it be a combination of scan and cut opperation and if yes what would the changes of the design do in have to make?

Thank you both again for your interest.Talk you soon.

Downloads
    Uploads

If I have to guess the first sample (the shield) is done with a cheap Chinese DC laser.
    The second (the Jocker) with an expensive Servo/RF machine. That's why the curves and corners are clean and uniform.

It is a good comparison between low and high-class machines.

Last edited by Storen; 08-11-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Both are made with the same machine for sure and it runs stepper motors.i made some tests and you can see my reslult in the photo.i increased the power gradually and lowered the speed.i also moved down the head of the laser by 0.5mm each time.as i lowered the head the plexi got blurry so i decide to keep the original position of the head and play with the power and speed.also aftrer the cuts i cleaned every single one with a mix of water and glass cleaner and i noticed that the lines went less white than what they were before the cleaning prosses.i also rotated the design and bnow its sitting on the back side of the plexi which made a huge differecne.any idea how can i clean the blurry plexi?

thank you all for your help and looking farward for your suggestions on the result.Help please-20190815_100157-jpgHelp please-20190815_100150-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help please-20190815_100157-jpg   Help please-20190815_100150-jpg