Need Help! AWC708C LITE controller does not output PWM signal on either Laser 1 or Laser 2 port

Thread: AWC708C LITE controller does not output PWM signal on either Laser 1 or Laser 2 port

Downloads
    Uploads

Default AWC708C LITE controller does not output PWM signal on either Laser 1 or Laser 2 port

New to forum today, have AWC708C LITE controller on generic Chineese cutter / engraver. The laser tube and HV power supply work (laser emits and burns target) when HV supply is jumpered for test but does not fire when connected to AWC708C LITE controller either with "Laser" button or when running test program / CAD drawing. Upon testing with DVM I get no / 0 volts at the PWM output pins of either Laser 1 port or Laser 2 port on the controller. What could be inhibiting those ports? OR do I possibly have dead output drivers on both? OR (most likely) am I overlooking required parameter or configuration settings? I have looked for and tried to properly set or inhibit the obvious ones to this point.
    Thanks for any help!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AWC708C LITE controller does not output PWM signal on either Laser 1 or Laser 2 p

Check for a door switch or water flow switch open. That will keep it from firing. I have my top door switch button permanently taped for that reason.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AWC708C LITE controller does not output PWM signal on either Laser 1 or Laser 2 p

hi! wmgeorge. and aerosparky. did you solve problem? i have same problem. door swich and water flow switch were closed. and did disabled both fuction.

i check pwm voltage it was 0 volt. i think shoud be 5v. am i right? and ttl volt 3.5 volt is normal but it's out 5 volt. awc 708 board is something wrong?

or i missed some function and adjusting?

please give me any help.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would look for something between 1 and 2 volts. You don’t want to overpower the tube. It helps to have a power meter. If your seeing zero volts check the software laser parameters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dean448 View Post
    I would look for something between 1 and 2 volts. You don’t want to overpower the tube. It helps to have a power meter. If your seeing zero volts check the software laser parameters.

thans for reply and sorry for late . i gonna check program and report again. thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

awc 708c main board .. every thing is fine. x axic y axic z axit and data upload and working fine. but laser is not fire. do i need new awc 708c main board? after i buy again
    i worry about same symtom. what can i do? please help me

ps. i tested power supply. when i push test button laser light function well. 100% control board problem or connetion problem or etc.

Downloads
    Uploads

did you solve problem?

Downloads
    Uploads

So you push the test button and nothing happens? Disconnect the wire that supplies voltages (PWM) from controller to PS. What voltage is it when you press the test button? If low then try other software settings.
    You could test the power supply without the controller by using a 1.5 volt battery. Make sure all other signals allow it to fire. Like water and door switches.
    It’s possible the something is broke. I would guess the PS but you need to test both.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dean448 View Post
    So you push the test button and nothing happens? Disconnect the wire that supplies voltages (PWM) from controller to PS. What voltage is it when you press the test button? If low then try other software settings.
    You could test the power supply without the controller by using a 1.5 volt battery. Make sure all other signals allow it to fire. Like water and door switches.
    It’s possible the something is broke. I would guess the PS but you need to test both.

what does mean test button? power supply test button or control panel laser button?

my laser power supply has two led light orenge and green. i took out cable from control board and push the p/s test button, it works laser and orenge led on and green led on. but i connect cable from control board , only orenge led lignt on, green led is off. i think before the replace control board two led in on.

and how can i setting other software setting?

i thanks againg your help, and i want to fix this problem. please help me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you take a close up photo of the power supply lights and connectors?