Need Help! Replaced controller but new problems

Thread: Replaced controller but new problems

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Replaced controller but new problems

Hello
    First of all I apologize if I don't use the proper technical words, I am a newbie with this.
    I have a Senfeng laser CNC since 2011 and it's been working fine until a couple of weeks ago when it occationally wouldn't cut until one day it started shooting the laser continuously even when idle.
    A friend told us is the controller board (translating from spanish so it might go by a different name)
    Replaced controller but new problems-20190723_113803-jpg
    It's that one in the photo, now we replaced it but there are some issues which we cannot figure out, previously when we turned it on, it resets to the zero which was to the back and right side of the machine, now it goes left and stops halfway through.
    I try moving it on the x and y axis and it stops moving after about 30 cm in any direction, it's like the limits are set much smaller than the machine. And even if I try to force it to one of the edges it tries to keep going past the axis breaks so have to turn it off and reset it manually.
    I assume I'd have to set the axis manually but so far I have yet to find how exactly.
    Either that or there's another problem we overlooked.
    Thank you
    EDIT: I uploaded a video to show better exactly what the issue is

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Replaced controller but new problems-20190723_113803-jpg  
    Last edited by mordeckai; 07-23-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Replaced controller but new problems

You will have to go into your vender settings and change the home position to get in there your password is RD8888

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Replaced controller but new problems

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    You will have to go into your vender settings and change the home position to get in there your password is RD8888
    Thank you, yes, I managed to fix that problem but the laser still won't fire, I have narrowed it down to something wrong with either the motherboard configuraiton or the motherboard is faulty (unlikely since it is brand new) so I'd like to know if there is any source with specific motherboard configuration or parameters for the laser and see if I have missed something there.
    Thank you