Hello everyone, I hope you are all well?

I wanted to reach out for a little advice so I signed up to the forum after using it as a tremendous resource for the last few months. I recently purchased my first laser machine after previously using a third party to undertake all of my engraving needs. As this was getting rather costly, I wanted to learn myself and take the engraving in-house. However, there are a few questions that I am slightly unsure of and wanted to see if you could help!

I recently purchased a cheapish laser machine from China - Ruida 600 x 400 50W. I managed to set it up with Corel Draw and align the mirrors without an issue. It seems to be working just fine and I am happy so far with the results! However, there are a few technical issues that aren't imperative to resolve, but are bugging me all the same. I will list them below and if any of you are able to answer a couple, then I would be most grateful.

I only engrave on to bamboo - I do not need the machine to cut.

1 - The X and Y parameters seem to be back to front on Corel Draw / Corel Laser, with how they correspond to the laser settings - the best way I can describe this is that when I draw something in Corel Draw, and move it around the working area (600x400) it doesn't translate to how the laser machine sees it - it seems to be upside down.

2 - I engrave cutlery and want the machine to engrave in strips - imagine across the longest length of the machine (600mm) I have spoons running from top to bottom in 3 columns. I have 60 spoons in total, 20 in each column. Can I tell the machine to engrave one column first, then the 2nd, then the third? The reason for this is because it would make the time spent engraving the cutlery a lot faster as the machine wouldn't have to go from left to right every time. It would essentially just concentrate on the first column followed by the second etc etc. The machine works quicker if it is concentrating on condensed up and down templates.

3 - Machine settings? I want to engrave as fast as I can, so as a rule of thumb have been engraving at 500mm/s and setting the ampere meter to around 30% of it's maximum power = 30.0

4 - I have set up templates within Corel Laser so I know the positions of the different cutlery - I just include the engraving of which I want in the non-printable template guidelines. However, if I for example, engrave onto spoon 3 and 5, and leave 1 and 2 out, 1 being at the top left of the machine, the machine will start spoon 3 as if it's spoon 1. Why is this? And does this even make much sense?

I think this is it for now! I hope all of this makes sense?!

Thanks for reading and thanks to all the great advice I have personally learned in the past from these forums.

Kind regards

Chris