Need Help! Raising and lowering the bed

Thread: Raising and lowering the bed

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Raising and lowering the bed

Hi all,

I recently purchased a new cheap 60W Chinese laser cutter, and the up and down buttons aren't working. I'm pretty sure the reason they aren't working is because they are missing

My question...since I don't know how long it will take to get a new control panel (one that at least sort of matches the eBay picture), is there a way to raise and lower the bed using software? For example, can I use laserdrw? I've searched through posts, and it seems most issues are because the buttons don't work, not because they are missing.

Thanks!

Board: 6C6879-LASER-M2
    Fireware (hoping they meant firmware): 2018.06.18

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Raising and lowering the bed-buttons-jpg   Raising and lowering the bed-advertised-image-jpg  
    Last edited by rickwired; 06-10-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Raising and lowering the bed

hi
    NO you wont control anything in laserdrw
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there a knob at one of the corners of the bed? You may not even have a motor for raising & lowering the bed. Check to see if there is a motor. You were either shipped the wrong machine all together or, the wrong photo was posted for the ad. Verify the info.Raising and lowering the bedRaising and lowering the bed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TokinSpokane
    Custom Crafts

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Rick,
    Is there a screw in any of the corners of the work table? Normally in this type of machines height regulation is manual.
    Could you send more photos of the machine?
    Does the machine have screws for the table to go up or down?

Best regards,

I am an experienced laser technician.
    User of laser cutting machine Buchicnc EVO 14.
    User of laser recorder EVO 5.
    CNC router user, with 3 x 2 m table Auto Tool Changer
    I design my own laser files designs for laser cutter & laser engraver with CorelDraw, LaserCut 5.3, RDWorks V8.

Laser cutters & CNC Routers BuchiCNC USA
    CNC Router ATC
    EVO 14

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TokinSpokane View Post
    Is there a knob at one of the corners of the bed? You may not even have a motor for raising & lowering the bed. Check to see if there is a motor. You were either shipped the wrong machine all together or, the wrong photo was posted for the ad. Verify the info.Raising and lowering the bedRaising and lowering the bed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Yes, the machine has a motor connected to a chain that encircles the 4 corner threaded rods. I was able to contact the seller, and they said I received the new design. This design has a toggle switch on the side for moving the bed up and down. Unfortunately, the motor only works in one direction, so they are sending me a new motor.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by germanr View Post
    Hi Rick,
    Is there a screw in any of the corners of the work table? Normally in this type of machines height regulation is manual.
    Could you send more photos of the machine?
    Does the machine have screws for the table to go up or down?
    I'm attaching more pics of the machine. Apparently, the toggle switch on the side is supposed to control the height-adjustment motor. The bad news is that the center point of the switch is extremely finicky, so the slightest bump activates the lifting of the bed. I ordered a pair of momentary switches, and they are working much better. Now I just have to wait for the new motor they're sending me since the existing motor only works in one direction.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Raising and lowering the bed-toggle-switch-jpg   Raising and lowering the bed-momentary-switches-jpg