Need Help! Laser power loss with no loss on ameter.

Thread: Laser power loss with no loss on ameter.

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Laser power loss with no loss on ameter.

Hi Folks,
    I have an 80w Chinese laser that is about 20 days old. I have been using for about an hour a day since I got it. It has never been above 30%(10ma) power or above 15°C. I recently have been cutting 1/8" MDF at 10mm/s @ 30% power, it was cutting great.On the 4th day suddenly it would not cut at those settings and I noticed the power had dropped to 7ma when set at 30%. So I raised it to 35%and got it back to 10ma and it began cutting fine. On day 5 it would not cut again so I raised it to to 40% which got it back to 10ma and it began cutting again. Every day it has declined to the point that now I cannot cut 1/8 MDF at 65% power(17ma) even with 2 passes. The current levels have seem to stabilized but there still is no power to cut. Strangely enough @ 35% power I'm at 10ma. When I raise it to 45% it drops to 7ma. Then when I raise it to 55% it goes back up to 12ma. @ 65% it is at 19ma. I have cleaned all of the lenses with alcohol per the manufacturer. Any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. I have a cheap K40 that cuts better.