Need Help! I need help with my new red-black Ruida 500x700 size laser

Thread: I need help with my new red-black Ruida 500x700 size laser

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry I need help with my new red-black Ruida 500x700 size laser

I received the laser machine last Friday night. I have it all setup and when I started for the first time the laser head went to the upper left corner and it didn’t stop trying to continue moving and producing a noise. Like it is forced to continue moving. If I press the ESC key it stops. If I press RESET, it does the same movement again. So I turned it off. If I press the arrows keys on the key board, the laser head moves in the opposite direction of the arrow that I pressed with a very hard and noisy movement in both axis (X , Y). If I press the HOME key in the RDWorks software, the laser head moves very fast to the right down corner and bumps very hard continuously and I need to shut down the machine. I am really concern about this.

I made a default reset of the machine, but it didn’t help. The same problems continue happening. When the laser head gets to the upper left corner bumps many times, then stops and on the screen shows X=0, Y=0 and Z=3000. When I pressed an arrow to move the laser head, in any of the axis the value of the position of the laser head on the screen changes and the laser head doesn’t move until a moment when it starts moving in the opposite direction of the arrow I am pressing. When I move the laser head back to the upper left corner the origin is not zero on any of the (X,Y) axis.

Video:

I hope someone knows what is wrong with my new laser.
    Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I need help with my new red-black Ruida 500x700 size laser

Is the homing limit switch in that corner I have 2 lasers and one homes in the upper right hand corner and the other homes in the upper left hand corner. You can change what corner it is supposed to home in the vendor settings. The password is RD8888

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I need help with my new red-black Ruida 500x700 size laser

Your laser does not look exactly same as mine x700 - especially ramp construction. It's hard to say what differences there are, but do NOT "copy and paste" setup from other machines - without analyze.

"Resetting to Default" is only possible if supplier/producer of particular machine set the "Default" value. Very often they don't. DO NOT USE "Default" till you have good setup and you save it as "Default" at there you have just crap.

Before you go to change mentioned switch/sensor - check it.
    Start laser, use "Esc" to stop moving head and go to menu on laser controller itself. Check before this video

(from 8:58) and at 9:20 you can see screen with many sensor state shown. Take bigger screwdriver and touch top of the sensor (this is this reddish square box at the end of your ramp). Sensors should light-up (have built in diode) and as well on your screen should light up correspond marker.

At 0:33 of your machine looks like ramp is first stopping in Y direction and next "jerking/jumping" again - next head is start riding right and again hitting at 1:11 in Y direction. So check Y sensor (probably it will be on the right Y rail top end).

At mentioned Ruida software at Vendor settings (RD8888 password) you have to "Read" data from laser, change values to proper one and next "Save". Only changing values and "Save" will have no bring effect, you HAVE to use "Read" first. There are some video how to handle it.

I attached my old sample notes for most popular parameters.

Good luck, I hope this will help you!

I need help with my new red-black Ruida 500x700 size laser-ruida-basic-setup-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I need help with my new red-black Ruida 500x700 size laser-ruida-basic-setup-jpg  
    Polish @ Éire