K40 laser problems when turning on

Thread: K40 laser problems when turning on

Downloads
    Uploads

Default K40 laser problems when turning on

I recently bought a SH K40 Chinesse laser engraver and I tested by pressing the "Laser switch", adjusting the current regulation, adjusting the mirrors and stuffs like that. By doing that I think I break something, or something happened with the rail because when I try to move the laser head from the K40 Whisperer, it does initiaze, I can move the Y axis by pressing the arrow down, but when I try to move the head to the right, nothing happened. Try this several times, no result.

The last thing that I saw is that every time I hit the Initialize Laser it will go down a little bit until it will hit the limit.

Video to see that the X axis is not responding : https://streamable.com/yetr2

Found out this large white wire was being pulled out from the stepper...

Ok so I plugged in the white wire back into the stepper... and the laser went crazy. I also tried to flip the wire in the plug but it behaves like it was in the beginning with no response from the X axis. Somehow now the axis are moving but terrible wrong...

Video here : https://streamable.com/vrifo

I don't have a clue what could possibly went wrong with this laser machine.
    Any advice would be helpful. Thank you !

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: K40 laser problems when turning on

Check the belt and pulley. Can you slide the head easily by hand? Sounds like it's trying to reference.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: K40 laser problems when turning on

Hi underthetire, yes when the laser is turned off I can easily slide the head left and right. Can this be a hardware issue ? the way it's behave ? Should i replace the stepper ? Really don't know what to do

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by iDaniel88 View Post
    Hi underthetire, yes when the laser is turned off I can easily slide the head left and right. Can this be a hardware issue ? the way it's behave ? Should i replace the stepper ? Really don't know what to do
    Hi Daniel, i Ve your same problem, have you fixed It??? I really don t know how to do...