Actual power consumption 100w tube

Thread: Actual power consumption 100w tube

Default Actual power consumption 100w tube

I figured co2 lasers are somewhat inefficient, but by how much ?

What kind of wall power suckage goes on if i power 100w tube at 100% (yeah yeah inadvisable..) run included air extractor, water and air pump ? We're talking typical setup that chinese manufacturers send out in a crate. Not discussing chillers here.

Granted, most will not use tube at anywhere near 100%, but its good to test the limits just to know.

I'm in UK, that makes 240v supply.

My machine is bobbling along in the crate on a ship somewhere, 6090 sized 100w EFR tubed. I'm pretty sure i do have capacity to run it but need to make sure wiring is up to snuff if it ever goes above 3kW (13A) with all the accessory bits connected.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by baronpork; 03-17-2019 at 05:09 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Actual power consumption 100w tube

My understanding is 65% is the max power with the stock Chinese laser tubes. Beyond that in continuous cuts & power drops significantly & also reduces the usable life of the tube. I have never run my 50 watt over 65%.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TokinSpokane
    Custom Crafts

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Actual power consumption 100w tube

Quote Originally Posted by baronpork View Post
    I figured co2 lasers are somewhat inefficient, but by how much ?

What kind of wall power suckage goes on if i power 100w tube at 100% (yeah yeah inadvisable..) run included air extractor, water and air pump ? We're talking typical setup that chinese manufacturers send out in a crate. Not discussing chillers here.

Granted, most will not use tube at anywhere near 100%, but its good to test the limits just to know.

I'm in UK, that makes 240v supply.

My machine is bobbling along in the crate on a ship somewhere, 6090 sized 100w EFR tubed. I'm pretty sure i do have capacity to run it but need to make sure wiring is up to snuff if it ever goes above 3kW (13A) with all the accessory bits connected.
    13 amp is good we run our 130 w with chiller on 13 amp
    Dave