Help choosing machine, advice needed

Thread: Help choosing machine, advice needed

Default Help choosing machine, advice needed

Here i go again... Damn projects, all the time...

I'm seriously contemplating of buying a laser cutter. Here are my initial thoughts...
    1. Looking at 100w (better have power and not need it rather than not have it when needed, amiright?)

2. No metal cutting, but engraving/marking ? Mostly for cutting ply/foam/fabric/paper, but #1 stands, might want to engrave metals, etch glass at speed.

3. Extraction, not much of a problem to pipe things out, but do cheap machines come with some sort of extraction solution built in ? Internal ducting/fans ?

4. Water chiller. I have had my share of watercooling builds made in the past, including TEC, so i figure how hard can it be to make arduino controlled chiller ?

4a. Not afraid of soldering iron, cnc, 3dprinting, so modding is most probable (instead of just possible ). For whatever parts of the cutter can/should be improved.

5. Location. Self built 6x4m workshop, all walls can be outlets for extraction, electrical supply is 240v running via reused industrial 3ph cable, no current bottlenecking.

6. Workpiece size. Looking for A1 sized surface (840x594mm). Foam/paper for modeling comes at this size and is convenient to me.

7. Bells and whistles. Is autozoom is even necessary ? Is it used throughout cutting process as in bowed media ? If not, i dont think it is neccessary, correct me if i'm wrong. Bed frame raising/lowering would be nice, even if manual

8. Can lamps be interchanged power wise ? I know that 60w is smaller than 100w. What about power specs ? Do i need to replace tube PSU if i change to tube of different power rating ? (Besides the obvious that 100w tube wouldnt output 100w on smaller supply, not looking to violate universal rules here). What would happen if i plug 100w tube into 60w machine ? And viceversa, 60w tube into 100w machine ? My thinking is i MIGHT want to upgrade power to 130-150w later on.
    8a. Mechanical tube mounting. IF swapping power of tube possible (#8). Again, if down/up-sizing, what are my mounting options ? I've seen someone cut open 60w laser housing and stuck the end of 100w tube out... How viable ?

9. Do i need compressed air, inert gasses for anything in the work process? (To better things up)...

10. Warranties. This is a sticky one, knowing that i'm dealing with China. What should i be wary about ? Lamp age ? Old technologies (selling outdated "new" crap)

11. Accessories for the machine. What should be included in the purchase ? Additional mirrors/lenses ? What, if any, spare parts should be included ?

12. Rotary table. Do all machines have a capability to accomodate cyllindrical engraving attachment ? Even if its aftermarket part ?

13. I will be using coreldraw for prep, so thinking RUIDA ? Any suggestions on this ? What controllers work best with CDRx5. So far i see a lot of contollers need standalone post-processor software to actually run the machine ?

14. This is a big one. About threefiddy. Really. At the moment my main criteria are 100W tube, A1 worksize and ability to interface with coreldraw (hence RUIDA). Looked at some machines at aliexpress, coming up with about 1000-1200gbp (1300-1500usd)...

15. Ah, shipping AND customs ? Besides some sellers do free shipping, what about customs ? I'm in UK, btw...

Its worse than when i started with 3d printers...Gah.

Learning as i go here, please dont stone me just yet...

Any advice / suggestions are muchly appreciated.
    Woof...

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by baronpork; 03-11-2019 at 06:23 PM. Reason: readability

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help choosing machine, advice needed

Hi Woof - What about the machine do you already have one? I build/sell cnc mechanical kits and I'll looking for a laser to add to the list. 100W would cut materials you mention so what speed do you envision to feed at? Regards Peter S

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help choosing machine, advice needed

Hello Woof. I am not sure if this can help you...check the catalog here: https://www.bodor.com/fiber-laser-cu...ving-machines/ You can leave online messages to their persons.

Downloads
    Uploads

Good day!
    We are official distributors of Bodor Laser Ukraine, we can make delivery in the UK with customs clearance. We sell, upgrade and guarantee all CO2 laser machines and fiber optic markers from Bodor Laser https://bodor.ltd
    We will try to answer all your inquiries below, and if you need more information, send us an e-mail at sales@bodor.ltd with a link to this post.

1. If you need sharp + engraving optimally 100-130 watts (Reci W4)

2. It will be possible to engrave all organic materials, such as wood, paper, glass, cloth, leather, etc.
    Metals need to be engraved with a special thermo-paste
    For engraving / marking metals use laser markers (https://bodor.ltd/product-category/laser-marking/)

3. Comes complete with a laser machine - the machine is fully operational.

4. We recommend using an industrial chiller CW5000 (CW5200), as it not only cools, but can maintain the desired temperature (can do heating)

4a. At your discretion.

5. Still need a channel for exhaust air.

6. Under such dimensions, you can take a Bodor BCL0605MU tabletop CO2 laser (https://bodor.ltd/product/nastolnyj-...-bodor-bcl-mu/) but then the 80Wat limit (Reci w1), for engraving it is good, but for cutting, then only thin materials (6mm plywood) and a working field of 600 * 500mm. The second option is the CO2 Bodor BCL-1006X laser (https://bodor.ltd/product/co2lazer-bodor-bcl-x/). The working field is 1000 * 600mm, you can even put 150Watt (Reci w6).

7. You can add - autofocus and lifting-lowering the table along the z axis (240 mm)

8. It is possible to switch from more power to less power, if on the contrary, you will have to change the power supply of the laser tube.

8a. It depends on the specific model of the laser machine, in such a laser machine Bodor BCL-1006X (https://bodor.ltd/product/co2-lazer-bodor-bcl-x/). The working field is 1000 * 600mm, you can even put 150Watts (Reci w6) or less than 80 watts (Reci w1).

9. On a standard compressor, you can do engraving and cutting, but if you need a cleaner one, it is painful to put the compressor on 4 atmospheres.

10. Warranties Bodor plant provides 3 years for a laser tube, depending on the model, 12-18 months

11. It is advisable to take additional mirrors and lenses that are consumables.
    12. The rotary mechanism can be put on any model in which there is a table lifting-lowering along the z axis.

13. Optimal use of the RDWorksV8 program and you can install the RDWorks plugin in CorelDRAW

14. This is the price of equipment in China without delivery and official customs clearance, at such a price they mainly sell equipment of low assembly and there is no official guarantee and service.
    Quality equipment in China on a desktop machine 600 * 400mm 80 Watts (Reci w1) will be in the region of 2200-2400 dollars

15. Free delivery does not exist, it is simply included in the price of the goods.
    If you need official documents - you need to pay taxes and do customs clearance.