Need Help! Please help with 6040 Chinese Laser

Thread: Please help with 6040 Chinese Laser

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Please help with 6040 Chinese Laser

Hello. I am in desperate need of help. Been having this issue for months now and don't know what else to try.

My laser has started jamming up while running a job but only when the artwork is to the right of center. When it has to move to a certain distance on the rail towards the right it starts jamming up. It will stop, then rapid jump to the left, stop, jump to the right, stop, and just back and forth over and over.

It is a 6040 60w CO2 laser I bought from Aliexpress.

This also never occurs when the speed is at max, 500.

I have tried replacing the board.

I have tried plugging in the y motor into the x motor plug on the board. When I have done this, the y stepper motor jams in the same way.

I have tried tightening the tension on the belt for the x motor.

I have tried greasing EVERYTHING.

When I jog the laser around it never jams.

I have tried using a different program. First LaserDRW and then K40 whisperer.

I have tried using a different usb cord.

I have tried using a different computer to run the laser.

I tried contacting the people I bought it from and they just keep saying they'll get back to me. This has been for months.

This is happening on every image/file I try to send to the laser when it involves the laser having to move to the right a certain distance.

I uploaded a video of it jamming as well as the artwork I am trying to make at the time of this video being recorded.

Please help with 6040 Chinese Laser-inkscape_2019-03-07_14-19-19-png

Thank you for your time in reading this. I greatly appreciate any help. I really don't want this machine to end up being a waste of time and money.

Thank you,

Nathan

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help with 6040 Chinese Laser-inkscape_2019-03-07_14-19-19-png  
    Last edited by duoblade; 03-07-2019 at 03:33 PM. Reason: added prefix

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Please help with 6040 Chinese Laser

How long have you had the machine?
    Did this occur since you had it or is this a recent development?

Quote:
    "I have tried plugging in the y motor into the x motor plug on the board. When I have done this, the y stepper motor jams in the same way."

If you have done the above it suggests the motor driver is at fault. Interchange the drivers and see if the fault follows the driver. If not then look at what's connecting to the driver as this is what's telling the driver what to do.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by he1957 View Post
    How long have you had the machine?
    Did this occur since you had it or is this a recent development?

Quote:
    "I have tried plugging in the y motor into the x motor plug on the board. When I have done this, the y stepper motor jams in the same way."

If you have done the above it suggests the motor driver is at fault. Interchange the drivers and see if the fault follows the driver. If not then look at what's connecting to the driver as this is what's telling the driver what to do.

My driver is integrated into the board. So I dont think I can try this, unless I'm misunderstanding you?

I've had it less than a year. This started in like October.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Please help with 6040 Chinese Laser

Quote Originally Posted by duoblade View Post
    My driver is integrated into the board. So I dont think I can try this, unless I'm misunderstanding you?

I've had it less than a year. This started in like October.

OK, so you've made the fault move to the other axis. If the driver is integrated into the control board you'll need to replace that. If it's less than 12 months old it should be under warranty (check the warranty details).

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by he1957 View Post
    OK, so you've made the fault move to the other axis. If the driver is integrated into the control board you'll need to replace that. If it's less than 12 months old it should be under warranty (check the warranty details).
    But I already tried replacing the whole board, that didn't fix it.