Need Help! Help! Amp meter shows power has dropped off.

Thread: Help! Amp meter shows power has dropped off.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help! Amp meter shows power has dropped off.

I have a Black and Red, originally with a 60W tube.

About a year ago I upgraded it to a 100W Reci tube and DY10 PS and installed a mA meter.

It's been running fine but it the mA meter started showing ~10mA at 65% power where that would register 25mA in the past.

The tube's still generating a purple beam and the PS test button lights up the test LED nice a bright.

At this point, I'm not sure if the problem is the Tube, the PS, the mA meter any or all of them and someone elsewhere suggested a bad PS supply can kill the tube.

Any suggestions before I start ordering replacement parts would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help! Amp meter shows power has dropped off.

Measure the output from your psu with a digital multimeter. Measure the output from your tube with a laser power probe - they’re only about $100 from Bell Laser.

There are many things that can influence the final ‘spot’ power, including poor connections, contamination of the metal caps on the laser, a software change - too many to list.

The way to sort it out is to approach it methodically: first, check all wiring, look for arcing,check the color of the laser terminals, measure the output, recalibrate your psu, check that the ttl/pwm level the psu is receiving at full power is actually the full level.

You say it’s runnng fine butthe meter is off, a digital multimeter will confirm that easily enough. You should see 28mA at 100% on a Reci W4