Solved Experience on recent purchase Chinese laser machine

Thread: Experience on recent purchase Chinese laser machine

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Experience on recent purchase Chinese laser machine

I want to share my experience on a recent purchased chinaese firber laser machine from Bodor in JINAN .

First of all, I have a CNC workshop in New York City, I have a lot of experience on CNC. Besides the new fiber laser machine that I just got I have 4 other CNC machines, router, co2 laser and 2 plasma, one of the plasma was made by Lincoln Electric and the rest all from China. So I pretty much know what I should get, then the question is where should I buy. A US made cost around $170k but a Chinese one is less than half. with shipping I still save a lot of money. Sounds too good to be true. So I did a lot of research on Chinese fiber laser especially on reviews. After I did all my research there 8 companies I decided to visit there factories. So I sent them email and ask them if it is Okay to see their factories and all of them were Okay with that, So I went.

I was very disappointed of some of the companies ( I don't want to list their names ) it was totally waste of time. On their websites it looked like a big company, but their factory was no bigger than my workshop. ( Don't trust their website! ) They had no machine that they can show me. They explained to me that all their machines were shipped a day before I got there.

After visited all the factories, there was only 2 companies left on my list they both are decent size companies. I didn't give order to them what I was in China. After we negotiated the price and I asked them give me a name and phone number who they sold the machine to in US. Only one of the company gave me the name and phone number. So I called him, he was somewhat happy about the machine and customer supports. So I gave the order to the company name Bodor in JINAN. Compared to the other company Bodor in bigger in size.

I paid 30% percent deposit, and they told me machine will be ready in 45 days. And I asked when the machine is ready to ship I will go to inspect it and make sure it works as they say. The order was In MAY last year and went in July to inspect and training. As I said I have decent experience on CNC, so the training was quick.( But if you don't have much experience on running a cnc, make sure you have enough train. )

So I came back to new york and wired the rest of the money to them. Machine arrived in about 6 weeks. The technician came about a week later to install it and training, it was quicker than they said it would be, because he just finished a installation in Minneapolis. Overall I am happy about decision that I made.

Few days after the technician left I had few questions I sent them message through Wechat, I was surprised their customer support is nearly 24 hours. I works from 8:30 to 5;30 eastern time, from the morning I start untile 4;30 they have people answer my questions. Of course there are some experienced some are new. In here I have to give credit to one of the customer support, the guy name MU LINCAO, he is good, we were on the phone for nearly half day yeaster. He helped me out setting the cutting parameters for all different material in different thickness.I was impressed about their customer supports. I wasn't even expected that level of customer supports.

Overall, I am pretty happy about Bodor. Again I have to give credit to their customer supports.

Suggestion to people who want to buy a Chinese fiber laser machine, You have to see the factory before you buy, never trust the website. If you can not go at least visit their customers near you.