What happens if you set laser pointer speed to zero?

Thread: What happens if you set laser pointer speed to zero?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default What happens if you set laser pointer speed to zero?

Can you set speed to zero in laser machines? If yes, will that cut large thicknesses and harder materials?

Thanks a lot

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What happens if you set laser pointer speed to zero?

In my own (I use Ruida G6442 controller) I can set speed 0.1mm/s - so it's not possible directly to set speed to 0.
    BUT I can use "fire" button on panel and beam will be firing as long I keep this or as was declared in setup.
    Secondly, I can create multiple rounds circle (each over other one) with VERY tiny diameter - say 0.05mm which will be comparable to non-moving point.

Next - CO2 laser is not same as "weapon of destruction" shown in the movies and in practice you CAN'T cut way thicker and harder material just by setting speed to zero. Main reason (probably) is material thermal conductivity, vapors (absorption of energy NOT in the cutting area, but closer to beam source) and melted or already burnt material. So no, it's bad idea

Polish @ Éire

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What happens if you set laser pointer speed to zero?

Quote Originally Posted by abyss View Post
    In my own (I use Ruida G6442 controller) I can set speed 0.1mm/s - so it's not possible directly to set speed to 0.
    BUT I can use "fire" button on panel and beam will be firing as long I keep this or as was declared in setup.
    Secondly, I can create multiple rounds circle (each over other one) with VERY tiny diameter - say 0.05mm which will be comparable to non-moving point.

Next - CO2 laser is not same as "weapon of destruction" shown in the movies and in practice you CAN'T cut way thicker and harder material just by setting speed to zero. Main reason (probably) is material thermal conductivity, vapors (absorption of energy NOT in the cutting area, but closer to beam source) and melted or already burnt material. So no, it's bad idea

OK, thanks a lot for the info.
    You might be right.