Need Help! Mutoh iP-530 Plotter

Thread: Mutoh iP-530 Plotter

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mutoh iP-530 Plotter

Hey guys!
    Just joined the forum

I recently picked up a free Mutoh iP-530 plotter and was hoping to get it working and eventually turn it into a vinyl cutter. I've read around on here that it can emulate a HP 7580. I've got no idea where to start on software for this thing so was hoping for some guidance and also some help getting it to talk to the computer. I've ordered a parallel cable to get me started but other than that not sure where to go after that. There isn't any manuals for this model specifically. Closest I can find is a manual for the xp 510 https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...oh-Xp-510.html

I was hoping to start off by getting it to plot basic vector files with a pen manually placed in the holder and not using the carousel, so from there I can put a knife in and then start cutting vinyl.

Any help is appreciated, I can upload some pictures later too if need be

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mutoh iP-530 Plotter

Hello, i am in the same boat! i have on too. what os are you running, i have a HP DraftPro EXL running great with windows xp and using the DraftProRoland GRX-450 Driver. Did you find any solutions for yours? I have the full manual in case you also need it.
    Best

g

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Re: Mutoh iP-530 Plotter

Quote Originally Posted by galo View Post
    Hello, i am in the same boat! i have on too. what os are you running, i have a HP DraftPro EXL running great with windows xp and using the DraftProRoland GRX-450 Driver. Did you find any solutions for yours? I have the full manual in case you also need it.
    Best

g
    I have a IP530 plotter you posted you have a manual for it. Is there any way I could get a copy? I can not locate online any where.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have manuals, and am using Winline for my drivers, they are out of Australia. Pricey, but worth it to utilize the plotter/cutter. I've spoken with them, and they recommended the best driver, and it isn't what is most recommended on the forum.

Downloads
    Uploads

Forgot to mention I am running Windows 10

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi!
    Did anybody here made it work so far?
    I'm using a properly jumpered serial cable but still nothing. If you have the manual available I would love to see it! Thanks in advance for any help