Is my Ruida controller acting up?

Thread: Is my Ruida controller acting up?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Is my Ruida controller acting up?

I'm having a problem with my Red and Black lasercutter. The head is not responding to using the controller arrows. It fires, cuts etc, but when I hit the arrows it just moves a tiny bit every time it's pressed. Is the controller flaky or could it be something else?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Is my Ruida controller acting up?

Membrane switches used in Ruida controller are poor quality. You can buy replacement, but it will fail again in time. I have prepared switch-panel with micro switches, NOT finished/soldered yet, as my own is still working. You can try to reconnect panel band inside controller (kind of connectors) - access is not very bad, but don't forget disconnect power to laser as there are main power close, don't be electrocuted.

Alternatively or for temporary help you can use Ruida android application to control your laser - but you have to use home router/wifi (see bialy100k video @ Youtube) and your Ruida firmware have to be comparably new (version over x.x.50 if I good remember).

Polish @ Éire