Build Thread New G Weike LG900N CO2 Laser purchase thread! - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New G Weike LG900N CO2 Laser purchase thread!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New G Weike LG900N CO2 Laser purchase thread!

Another update: G Weike reached out last night to say the laser is done, sending 6 pictures including a close-up of the beam combiner for the red dot (I had asked them to verify this was installed, instead of head mounted).

They found a ship to send the laser across the ocean, that either leaves or arrives on 10/26 (I'm trying to confirm which).

There was also a last minute conflict between the motorized platform and the "hopper" -- does anyone know what the hopper is in a laser cutter? With the hopper I would only have 18 mm vertical movement, so they installed a flat platform instead.

I'll attach the pictures; it's quite big, but cool looking

Downloads
    Uploads

Photos of my laser cutter.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New G Weike LG900N CO2 Laser purchase thread!-20181016-1-jpg   New G Weike LG900N CO2 Laser purchase thread!-20181016-2-jpg   New G Weike LG900N CO2 Laser purchase thread!-20181016-3-jpg   New G Weike LG900N CO2 Laser purchase thread!-20181016-4-red-dot-near-tube-jpg  

New G Weike LG900N CO2 Laser purchase thread!-20181016-5-jpg   New G Weike LG900N CO2 Laser purchase thread!-20181016-6-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for sharing. I am very curious to see the test results after the calibration.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi @Storen,

Do you mean test results after calibration after I receive the laser cutter? Or should I ask G Weike to calibrate and run tests and send pictures?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I meant your test results after receiving the machine. GWeike probably has some standard testing procedure although they are not famous for that.

You could ask them to doublecheck the squareness of the x and y axis because depending on the design of the gantry it may be difficult to adjust it yourself. Basically, they have to cut a large rectangular from paper and measure both diagonals. If the measurements match then x and y are perpendicular and you have a good 90-degree angle. If not, they have to be adjusted.
    The other thing you could ask them is to determine the maximum stable speed (it depends on many factors and it is different for every machine) and see if it is enough for your application.

Leveling the work platform, aligning the mirrors and tweaking the software settings is something you could do yourself easy.

Last edited by Storen; 10-18-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you @Storen; I will ask them about testing the squareness. Maybe the maximum stable speed I could test myself, along with all the other fun things you mentioned.

They replied this AM saying that Oct 26 is when the ship will leave from Qingdao, China, and take ~40 days to get to New York City, phew! Apparently there is an app to track where the laser cutter is in the Atlantic Ocean during this journey.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mikemccand View Post
    Maybe the maximum stable speed I could test myself
    You definitely can but you won't be able to do much about it. In the factory, they can replace motors or actuators if necessary and suggest the optimum software settings. However, this would be difficult to communicate with the factory without specifying exact requirements. Even then will be difficult as most technicians (called engineers by the sales reps) are not properly trained to deal with such problems. There is a good chance the machine would perform good enough for what you intent to use it. But with the brands in this category, it is always a lottery. You may get lucky one way or the other. That is why I am curious to see how it performs.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK I see, so this really is something the factory should test in case they need to replace parts. We intend to use it for cutting plywood and acrylic, and it's OK (I think?) if the cutting speed isn't very fast.

G Weike suddenly reached out with confusing customs documents questions:

>
    > 1.need original bl or SURRENDER BL?
    >
    > 2. do you have ISF BOND? if yes,it is SINGLE BOND or Annual Bond/Continuous Bond?
    > if have bond,please fill the ISF POA,ISF sheet Blue shadow part.
    >
    > if not have bond,please fill ISF sheet Blue shadow part is ok,no need fill ISF POA.

This is the first time I've ever imported something So I have no idea what these forms are ... does anyone have any suggestions?

Company Representative
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Items for Sale

OK I see, so this really is something the factory should test in case they need to replace parts. We intend to use it for cutting plywood and acrylic, and it's OK (I think?) if the cutting speed isn't very fast.

G Weike suddenly reached out with confusing customs documents questions:

>
    > 1.need original bl or SURRENDER BL?
    >
    > 2. do you have ISF BOND? if yes,it is SINGLE BOND or Annual Bond/Continuous Bond?
    > if have bond,please fill the ISF POA,ISF sheet Blue shadow part.
    >
    > if not have bond,please fill ISF sheet Blue shadow part is ok,no need fill ISF POA.

This is the first time I've ever imported something So I have no idea what these forms are ... does anyone have any suggestions?
    you need a agent to help you, it is easy. You do not save a lot after you add all fee together

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...level-machine/

Downloads
    Uploads

I also thought I needed a customs agent to help with this process, and even reached out to one, who was very helpful.

But then G Weike said that another agent is not necessary and that they take care of all the customs forms, getting a truck to pick up the laser from port and ship to my house, etc., so I haven't yet hired an agent but I'm still wondering whether I should!

I managed to answer all those questions, and they've filled in the shipping forms, and the laser should make it onto the 10/26 boat, and take ~40 days to ship to New York City.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sam from G Weike emailed copies of the completed shipment forms, showing that the laser left on the boat on 10/26, heading to NYC. Now I have to wait 40 days (well, another 35 days from today)! The gross weight is 350 KGs, phew. I'm trying to figure out how to track the location of the ship across the ocean for the next 35 days.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sam from G Weike emailed copies of the completed shipment forms, showing that the laser left on the boat on 10/26, heading to NYC. Now I have to wait 40 days (well, another 35 days from today)! The gross weight is 350 KGs, phew. I'm trying to figure out how to track the location of the ship across the ocean for the next 35 days.
    https://www.vesselfinder.com/ you can search the ship name on the top right. Congrrats on your purchase!

How did you manage to contact G weike? I tried contacting them on the website but they kept asking me for my email which I provided 3 times. I gave up afterwards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast