Output size is wrong on normal engrave after using rotary attachment

Thread: Output size is wrong on normal engrave after using rotary attachment

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Output size is wrong on normal engrave after using rotary attachment

Hoping someone can help me out
    I am new to using my laser machine (bodor 1390 150w c02)

I was doing ok with normal engrave (sucking so bad trying to cut thats another story), yesterday I thought I would try out my rotary engraver, got it plugged in and attempted to engrave some glasses, didnt work smashed them, anyway, today I want to go back to normal engraving on wood, and its not doing so to scale.
    I use RDworks, can anyone step me through how I reset the system to be normal again.
    and also, can anyone help with good reference to using the rotary machine I got with it?

Images attached to show what i mean

thank you for your help.
    Kylee

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Output size is wrong on normal engrave after using rotary attachment

Check under the "Output" tab to make sure that you have the "Enable rotate engrave" unchecked for normal engraving.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Output size is wrong on normal engrave after using rotary attachment

Quote Originally Posted by jacquard View Post
    Hoping someone can help me out
    I am new to using my laser machine (bodor 1390 150w c02)

I was doing ok with normal engrave (sucking so bad trying to cut thats another story), yesterday I thought I would try out my rotary engraver, got it plugged in and attempted to engrave some glasses, didnt work smashed them, anyway, today I want to go back to normal engraving on wood, and its not doing so to scale.
    I use RDworks, can anyone step me through how I reset the system to be normal again.
    and also, can anyone help with good reference to using the rotary machine I got with it?

Images attached to show what i mean

thank you for your help.
    Kylee
    Ohhhh Kylee, you poor thing. You will need a long vacation before all of this is over. Fortunately, this one is easy to fix. If you messed around with the user settings, then I would recommend you just restore the original user settings. You should have a copy of them on your thumb drive. Just go to the User Tab in RDWorks, click Read, click Open and then locate the User Setting.RDUSet file on your thumb drive. Finish by clicking Write and you should be good to go.

If you tell me which rotary device you are using, I will sent you a similar .RDUSet file with the proper rotary settings. Rather than go in and change parameters each time you want to engrave something cylindrical, I find it easier to just have two separate User Settings and simply switch between them using the steps above.

Danny
    Engraving Machines Plus, Corp.
    (321) 821-7774
    Melbourne, FL

alternative text