Hey Brain Trust,

I've been a long time lurker on this forum and its helped me identify and fix a bunch of issues with my Rabbit laser, Until now.

I’ll give you a breakdown of what it’s doing, what I’ve tried to do to fix it and a video link to show what the issue is. ( )

After I finished cutting out a sheet for a customer I hit datum removed the project and turned the laser off. I came back 2 hours later to do the second part of the job, turned the laser back on loaded the new file hit test and the X-Axis started to make the same grinding noise from the video.

My first thought was it had seized on the rails again like it had in the past (although there was a fair bit of oil on the rails) so I re-greased the rails and moved the X-axis by hand to lube it up. I hit test again and the same thing happened. I hit datum and it wouldn’t go back to the stopper without me giving it a bit of a push back.

I reset the origin and Jog on the unit to see if that was the issue but nothing (read that on this forum).

I then switch the X and Y drivers to see if it was a driver issue but when I switched them there was no stuttering at all from the Y-Axis and the X was still doing the same thing.

I then found if I hit test a few times the X-axis would lose its place and go random directions (like the video shows).

I’ve loaded new files into the machine and deleted everything off except one but nothing seems to work.

My process of elimination is telling me it’s the motor or wires that are fried but I can’t work out why it moves during the test (even if it’s in a random direction) but not well in datum.

Any more info needed I can supply but I'm well and truly stumped!