Do I need a motorised up/down platform?

Thread: Do I need a motorised up/down platform?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Do I need a motorised up/down platform?

If anyone who already has a a Chinese built cutter coould answer these questions I would be grateful.

I'm on the cusp of buying this https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/100W-Rec...oAAOSwWntXNDSk
    and am wondering how handy is the motorised up/down table and also the automatic focusing. And what about the red dot positioning?Also, is the CW 3000 chiller a good one..?

Chris

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Do I need a motorised up/down platform?

Personally, I would opt for the mororizeed up down table and the red dot pointer. They are very handy. My machine has autofocus but I never use it. It's extremely easy to set the focus manually and I just trust the manual setting more.

I don't think that the CW 3000 would have enough cooling capacity for a 100W machine. My 100W machine came with a CW 5000 chiller. I was going to order a CW 5200 but the 5000 had already been crated with the laser and was ready to ship. To avoid any delays in shipping, I just went that route. The CW 5000 has worked fine; no issues at all.

Alan

Downloads
    Uploads

I use my up down all the time as for the red dot it is nice but my one of my lasers does not have one and it takes longer to line up. The auto focus is a nice feature I have 2 different kinds. the one I like better is the one that has the micro switch mounted to the side of the frame and not on the final mirror. I would push for a CW5000 chiller as the CW3000 is just a water pump with a fan in front of a radiator and the CW5000 has a compressor like a refigerator

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the replies, really helps. I am thinking I will go the motorised table and the red dot but perhaps not the auto focus. The chiller thing makes me glad I asked here as it sounds the CW 3000 would have been a disappointment and it makes me feel a little less confident about the seller if they are offering an inadequate chiller to keep the price down (my guess as to why they do it). The CW 5000 is considerably more expensive and makes the whole thing more of a financial mouthful. One possibility I could discuss with the seller is an 80watt tube which I think would do what I need to do (1/4" plywood would be the thickest) and maybe this would bring the price down a little and it might mean I could still use the CW 3000. What do you think..? Is the CW3000 adequate for an 80watt tube?

Chris