100 watt Chinese last just stopped. No power anywhere.

Thread: 100 watt Chinese last just stopped. No power anywhere.

Default 100 watt Chinese last just stopped. No power anywhere.

I have a 100 watt Chinese laser. I have had it about a year, with less then 1 hour of use per day. Never had a problem. In the middle of a cut, everything just stopped. The laser was not being touched when it stopped. The light in the cut area, the laser, the control panel, any other lights, everything just went off.

I checked the power coming in, it is fine. I checked the emergency stop, it was not activated.

I opened up the laser hoping their may have been a fuse, but I did not see any fuses, and that is as far as my knowledge would go. I also visually checked the wires and connections, and nothing looks loose, nothing looks burned.

I figure I need to replace a component, and hoped I could get some advice here.

Thank you for any help.100 watt Chinese last just stopped. No power anywhere.-laser-3-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100 watt Chinese last just stopped. No power anywhere.-laser-1-jpg   100 watt Chinese last just stopped. No power anywhere.-laser-2-jpg   100 watt Chinese last just stopped. No power anywhere.-laser-3-jpg  
    Last edited by lightedpinball; 07-29-2018 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Added picture.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 100 watt Chinese last just stopped. No power anywhere.

dear i think the laser tube died.usually the power loss gradually but suddenly no power at all.So you had better to change a new 100W laser tube.I think i can help you with good quality laser tube.Rated power 100W Max power can reach to 120w.Last time one customer like you in this forum already bought one tube from me.He is very satisfied with our quality.Canton Wonder Laser Technology Co.,Ltd - Canton Wonder Laser Technology Co.,Ltd

co2 laser tube range from 80w-150w www.cantonwonderlaser.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Check if there is power to the power supply. Some lasers have a fuse where the power cord attaches

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    Check if there is power to the power supply. Some lasers have a fuse where the power cord attaches
    Thank you, I will check that.

Downloads
    Uploads

hi
    that is the same set up as our 130w machine and I can't find a fuse any where
    so I would first go for a switch
    you say the power is coming into the machine ok from there it will go to the emergency stop switch so is there voltage going in to the ES if so is it actually coming back out
    ( it is not uncommon for the ES to burn out inside) if there is no power there is often a second set of terminals on them that you can use, I f it is coming out of the ES it will then go to the on/off
    switch so with the switch open is the voltage coming out, try these first to eliminate them
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dtcrafts View Post
    hi
    that is the same set up as our 130w machine and I can't find a fuse any where
    so I would first go for a switch
    you say the power is coming into the machine ok from there it will go to the emergency stop switch so is there voltage going in to the ES if so is it actually coming back out
    ( it is not uncommon for the ES to burn out inside) if there is no power there is often a second set of terminals on them that you can use, I f it is coming out of the ES it will then go to the on/off
    switch so with the switch open is the voltage coming out, try these first to eliminate them
    Dave
    Thank you very much, I will check that. I also ordered a new power supply box that gives the 24 volt and 5 volt. I could not find one in the US, so I got one coming from China. I will check around the ES switch first.

Thanks
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan
    that was the next step to open up the power dist box and look for probs or fuses, but did not want to say that yet in case of any warranty seals you might break doing it
    Dave

100 watt Chinese last just stopped. No power anywhere.-laser-fuse-jpgSurprise, surprise. Their is a fuse built in to the plug. I never saw one like this before. When you take the plug out, put your finger over the top and pull. A fuse holder comes out, it even has an extra fuse. Unfortunately that was not my problem. As suggested above, I am looking into the Emergency Stop switch as well as the main power switch. It sounds like both of these are a parts of the laser that often goes out. I ordered both from Amazon, they are about $8 each.

When I get those I will spend more time with a meter tracking down possible issues.

I will update as I go.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100 watt Chinese last just stopped. No power anywhere.-laser-fuse-jpg