Need help - laser fading in middle of engraving section

Thread: Need help - laser fading in middle of engraving section

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help - laser fading in middle of engraving section

We're trying to engrave 2 tone materials however I've noticed that there is an odd effect when engraving.

the sides of an object or letter engrave quite deep and then the centre engraves at a lower power. you can see in the attachd image ive tried to engrave a 50x50 square and the centre barely gets through the surface layer but the side few mm is fine

I've tried to scan some 20x20 squares and the sides cut for the for the first 2-3mm but then it barely engraves through the top surface. this is running at 400mm/s and 15% power

Additionally I cut some MDF and adjusted the power the length of the higher power section on the side changes with speed also (faster it is the longer the high power section)
    You can see the side of some of the letters are "offset" as the scan runs down the letter as if it has missed steps this effect isnt there when running as Unilaterial it seems though
    I've tried adjusting backlash, acceleration, scan settings, intervals but nothing seems to have worked
    Suggesions

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help - laser fading in middle of engraving section-35645532_10157507666144745_3764678262467330048_o-jpg   Need help - laser fading in middle of engraving section-35647295_10157507665999745_5220357891579445248_o-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help - laser fading in middle of engraving section

Thought I'd also add to this

Tried adjusting Ramps/Ramp length and min/max power seemed to be able to slightly change what was happening but was not a permanent fix nor perfect was still visible.

Looking at the ammeter the tube settles around 7-9mA when engraving also

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help - laser fading in middle of engraving section

Can you post photo, where you set up all setting ?