Need Help! Looking to purchase a laser and am overwhelmed

Thread: Looking to purchase a laser and am overwhelmed

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking to purchase a laser and am overwhelmed

So, like the title says - looking to purchase a 100w laser for cutting laminated fabric (tactical vest MOLLE and other accessories) in an R&D setting. Was going to go with one of the Ebay ones until I looked on here and was overwhelmed by the negatives...... I only need about a 16x20 cut area but from my research I need the 100w. Do I just bite the bullet and purchase a new Boss Laser (at three times my budget) or take the gamble on a $2,500 red and black one from a USA - Ebay seller?

Thoughts...

Thanks,
    Awall

Similar Threads:
    Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking to purchase a laser and am overwhelmed

Boss Laser resells cheap Chinese machines similar to the ones on eBay with a hefty markup. Don't expect major differences between the two. However, keep in mind that buying from eBay means you'll have to support the mache yourself. It is not difficult. These machines are made with standard off-the-shelf components.
    I wouldn't recommend the eBay machines for serious production, but for a hobby, they are just fine. If you want a quality machine for cutting, later on, I would suggest contacting GCC and asking them for a machine with a "glass tube". In my opinion, currently, they are the best option in terms of price-quality. They also have a local rep. and repair/support center in the US. A 100W machine should be around 8-9K.

Last edited by Storen; 07-05-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

You have have a choice between money and service.You can buy a machine with local service but you should pay more.However you can't get direct service if you buy a cheap machine from China.It means you need more time to learn.It's up to your choice.As for the Boss laser,I do know one of their Chinese supplier.So the quality is same basically.If you want to learn the machine or have a good local service person,then Chinese laser maybe a better choice.

Downloads
    Uploads

Look at Rabbit Lasers