Newbie fiber or co2

Thread: fiber or co2

Downloads
    Uploads

Default fiber or co2

Hi! I need little help to decide what i gonna buy. If you think that you can get same price 6kw co2(brand1) and fiber(brand2). Worlds top manufactures both. I need cutting quality be very good at thick materials 20-30mm. I heard that fiber edge quality sucks at over 20mm? Does anyone have pictures about thick material edge quality(fiber). Let me know if you think that fiber is overrated or best you can get. sorry about bad english

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: fiber or co2

On my opinion Hi-watt CO2 is still slow on cutting metals compared to a Hi-watt fiber, plus the fiber only uses hi voltage, so there`s no depletion, on the other hand the CO2 keeps on getting slower and slower in the long run because of gas depletion, plus fiber is cheaper compared to CO2, a simple buffing process on the edges would`nt hurt if you are worried about it, bottom line is the fiber is faster and more consistent type of machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

If both cost the same, Fiber is the way to go! It will end up saving you in the long run due to energy effficiency and continuous maintainance. Now, that is only my opinion and only directly related to question about the 2 options that you’ve presented. A friend of mine owns 1x 10kW Bystronic Fiber and 2x 6kW CO2 lasers...however, he uses all of his lasers to process all metal that is under 15mm thickness...he purchased a separate Hypertherm HD plasma based CNC for all of his heavy duty thick metal plate cutting needs. He loves it! Almost better edge finish than his lasers. Your call!

Downloads
    Uploads

depends on what you cut
    the fiber is much fasster

Quote Originally Posted by Henkkali View Post
    Hi! I need little help to decide what i gonna buy. If you think that you can get same price 6kw co2(brand1) and fiber(brand2). Worlds top manufactures both. I need cutting quality be very good at thick materials 20-30mm. I heard that fiber edge quality sucks at over 20mm? Does anyone have pictures about thick material edge quality(fiber). Let me know if you think that fiber is overrated or best you can get. sorry about bad english

Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    han@wklaser.com