Does laser cutting machine from ebay (europe) worth it?

Thread: Does laser cutting machine from ebay (europe) worth it?

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Does laser cutting machine from ebay (europe) worth it?

Hi everybody,
    I have already used a couple of times some trotec speedy laser cutting machine (trotec speedy 400 100*61cm and trotec speedy 300 73*43cm).
    I cannot find any definitive price but it seems that the speedy 400 with a 80W laser is way way above 40 k$ (this is the price I found for second handsl).I also found that the trotec 100 (30w with a smaller working area of 61*30cm) is about 22k$..
    Regarding these figures, I wonder if some models I found on ebay are actually *not* garbage..I mean there is a so huge difference in price, I wonder which side of these price are exagerated..
    For instance, this one (80W, 70*50cm) cost about 6000$..There are also even more affordable models (60W, 70*50cm) for 3000$..They provide 3 years of warranty, so I'm thinking that there are not one-time sellers...
    Do you think that these machines actually will do the job (cutting acrylic and wood sheets)?
    Since I'm also a DIY guy (already build some 3d printers), I could even go with some kits and build a machine myself, but probably not for the first time (unless there are complete kits available)
    Thank you very much for your views..

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Does laser cutting machine from ebay (europe) worth it?

Laser machines have been sold on eBay for a while now. That means they are good enough for some people. Of course, the question is - would they satisfy your requirements? Only you know what is acceptable for your business or hobby, so my advice is to learn about the differences between the Trotec machines and the ones on eBay and decide which technology suits better your needs. Keep in mind the low-cost Chinese machines use very different technology and therefore produce different results. The differences have been discussed many times in this forum. Look at some of the older posts.

Downloads
    Uploads

CNC lasers, constructions, service

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the details..
    I'm not expecting the same results of a 2000$ machine than a 20-fold machine!
    In fact I know that the results could be "arbitrary"..
    I have a little experience in building 3D printers..
    Indeed, we could not compare a 300$ machine with a 3000$ one (there are even from 100$).
    But with some improvements, one can expect really good results with a 300$...

In this way I would know if those machine satisfy the bare minimum...
    Just working without blowing up..

Downloads
    Uploads

IMO (almost) all new Chinese machines from e-bay are designed and made to be extremely cheap. Cheap as possible. Yes, this is the main point - price. They are working, but they are poorly designed and they use basic, cheap as possible parts and poorly mounted. I own one, so don't blame me I'm prejudiced Of course, if you NEVER used western brand you will be happy to work with it. Same, as you never drove western car you will be happy to drive 30 years old Russian Lada. What a fun, no more walk! [trolololo song here] There are few better Chinese companies, but they are 2-3-5 times more expensive, so there is a not too many owners here. Especially if you can buy new western with x10 price or used one at x3 or x5 price tag of "ebays".

Polish @ Éire

Downloads
    Uploads

The Chinese eBay machines are made with standard components so repairing and supporting them is very easy. If you have experience with building 3D printers you should be ok.
    If you are looking for a low-cost solution, don't mind the low build and output quality, and the outdated technology a Chines eBay machine could be the right choice.
    In fact, I use to have one. I bought it for some hobby projects. Lately, unfortunately, I don't have time for hobbies and I work primarily with metals so I sold it as it was taking too much space.

If you are planning on buying a machine from eBay look for one with Ruida controller. It will make your life much easier.

Downloads
    Uploads

ebay machine is cheap but quality not guarantee, small parts or small models can use ebay

Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    han@wklaser.com