What is this, actually???

Thread: What is this, actually???

Default What is this, actually???

So I’ve been reading up on the wiles of the piece of crap who came up with Hurricane Lasers. I have been made to understand that these machines were actually repainted and rebadged G. Weike Lasers from China. I have been emailing someone at G. Weike and obviously there is a pretty harsh language barrier there. I haven’t been able to figure out what model this “Hurricane Charley” actually is. I know nothing about lasers. This one is brand new and has been in storage for 4 years. The owner offered to allow me to use it to make money provided I can get it running. I decided the first step should be to figure out what I actually have first and whether or not parts and assistance are out there for it. Thanks in advance.

Josh

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What is this, actually???

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison4Ever View Post
    I have been made to understand that these machines were actually repainted and rebadged G. Weike Lasers from China.
    There are several other companies in the US rebranding and reselling Chinese machines. Full Spectrum, Boss Laser, Rabbit Laser do exactly that. They even have some loyal supporters in this forum who sincerely believe they are innovative American companies

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison4Ever View Post
    I decided the first step should be to figure out what I actually have first and whether or not parts and assistance are out there for it.
    Since the machine haven't been purchased directly from the Chinese factory I doubt the factory would provide any aftersale support. G. Weike assembles their machines with off-the-shelf components so you should be able to find parts easy. Of course, repairing the machine would require some knowledge and technical skill. If you don't want to mess with that it may be better to sell the machine and buy another one with good local support.

Last edited by Storen; 06-08-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What is this, actually???

Going to be difficult to find replacement parts for it. Funny aint it..Hurricanes come in strong then die out. Unfortunately, the old company was in Las Vegas but now has the name Full Spectrum lasers.