Need Help! 3rd mirror alignment issues

Thread: 3rd mirror alignment issues

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3rd mirror alignment issues

I purchased a 100W CO2 laser machine a few months ago from Ebay and it has been working fine up until a couple weeks ago. The bed is about 24" by 40". I've tried aligning the mirrors for countless hours and I cannot seem to get the 3rd mirror aligned properly. I am able to hit the first mirror dead center. The second mirror is aligned properly as well (it hits center when in the near-front of the machine and far-back of the machine). The 3rd mirror appears center when the laser head is all the way to the left (near the 2nd mirror). As the laser head travels to the right is when I am experiencing issues. When the laser head is in the far back right (3A) the beam is off slightly towards the outside (back) of the machine. When it is in the close front right position (3B), the beam is off in the other direction, towards the outside (front) of the machine. Hopefully my rough sketch makes sense. I can elaborate more if necessary.

I do not think that adjusting the mirrors is going to help since the beam is going off in opposite directions. I may need to adjust the gantry or other mechanical parts? The Chinese support is less than helpful. Hopefully there is some kind soul here that can help me out before all of my hair is pulled out!

Thank you,

Eric

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3rd mirror alignment issues-20180530_090712-jpg   3rd mirror alignment issues-s-l1600-1-jpg   3rd mirror alignment issues-s-l1600-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3rd mirror alignment issues

maybe loose belt ,difference in belt tension left and right.
    dirt on rail.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    maybe loose belt ,difference in belt tension left and right.
    dirt on rail.
    Thanks for your reply. Upon further investigation I noticed the x axis was clearly not aligned with the gantry. After some hesitation, I took the gantry apart for my first time. I took the belt off and adjusted it slightly. Everything appears to be working correctly now. Learning a little bit at a time. Thanks again!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3rd mirror alignment issues

hi
    this is a common fault on this style of the machine
    look at the pictures, on the left end of the drive shaft there is a pulley wheel for the belt, it is held in position by grub screws
    they come loose
    make sure both of them are loose, then with a square manually move the left end of the gantry to get it spot on square
    then tighten the grub screws abd align the mirrors and you will be good to go

hope that helps

Dave3rd mirror alignment issues-l1-jpg3rd mirror alignment issues-l2-jpg3rd mirror alignment issues-l3-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3rd mirror alignment issues-l1-jpg   3rd mirror alignment issues-l2-jpg   3rd mirror alignment issues-l3-jpg