Need Help! Laser wont turn off on my laser engraver

Thread: Laser wont turn off on my laser engraver

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laser wont turn off on my laser engraver

Greets everyone. So just bought a small 2w laser engraver to see if I like the hobby (Long time lurker ...first time user ...and I am 60 years old heheeh)
    Anyways ...its a generic el cheapo of ebay. I loaded up benbox software and after a lot swearing (which seemed to work) it finally moved and did what its supposed to - except I can not turn the laser off. The low / high button does nothing and nothing happens in the software ...it just sits there burning deeper and deeper into my bench or if I am engraving it burns everywhere it travels.
    Unlike other kits I have seen where the wires go from the laser to the control board ...mine has another board in between the laser head and the control board
    Laser wont turn off on my laser engraver-board-png

Any ideas ??? TIA

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser wont turn off on my laser engraver-board-png  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser wont turn off on my laser engraver

Thanks for that but there is no potentiometer on this A3 eleksmaker machine. It looks like the control board is faulty and I have a new one coming.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I have a similar problem with my 80w Chinese laser. The laser starts to fires as soon as you push start while the laser head is traveling to the job. Once it finishes the engraving or cutting file it begins to return to home, but does not stop firing. As soon as the laser head gets to 0,0 or home the laser stops firing. If you push pause during the job while the laser is engraving then it will stop firing, but as soon as you push escape it begins firing and returns home. I swapped out the laser controller with one from one of my other machines and still have the problem so I know the controller is good.
    I'm thinking the problem might be inside the power supply. Running out of ideas??? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Nate

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Nate33 View Post
    Hi,

I have a similar problem with my 80w Chinese laser. The laser starts to fires as soon as you push start while the laser head is traveling to the job. Once it finishes the engraving or cutting file it begins to return to home, but does not stop firing. As soon as the laser head gets to 0,0 or home the laser stops firing. If you push pause during the job while the laser is engraving then it will stop firing, but as soon as you push escape it begins firing and returns home. I swapped out the laser controller with one from one of my other machines and still have the problem so I know the controller is good.
    I'm thinking the problem might be inside the power supply. Running out of ideas??? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Nate
    I too have a problem with my laser turning off. I have been using it and then it just stayed on and will not shut off. I have reloaded the firmware and the drivers but it still will not shut off laser. I have even switched boards and the same thing has happened again. I switched to a lower powered laser and it still will not shut off laser. I have even tried using multiple laser engraving programs to shut down the laser. I need help. Any suggestions?

Last edited by green2018; 09-07-2018 at 10:58 AM. Reason: My laser is only 15w

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by nurple View Post
    Greets everyone. So just bought a small 2w laser engraver to see if I like the hobby (Long time lurker ...first time user ...and I am 60 years old heheeh)
    Anyways ...its a generic el cheapo of ebay. I loaded up benbox software and after a lot swearing (which seemed to work) it finally moved and did what its supposed to - except I can not turn the laser off. The low / high button does nothing and nothing happens in the software ...it just sits there burning deeper and deeper into my bench or if I am engraving it burns everywhere it travels.
    Unlike other kits I have seen where the wires go from the laser to the control board ...mine has another board in between the laser head and the control board
    Laser wont turn off on my laser engraver-board-png

Any ideas ??? TIA
    Did you ever get a fix for this problem?? I'm having the exact same experience and just about to throw the machine through the window. I need help!!!!

Neal

Downloads
    Uploads

Mine does the same thing unless there is an active USB connection on the control board. Make sure your board is connected and the PC turned on. With mine, the Eleksmaker software does not have to be running but the board must pick up a port number to stop it from firing at full power (mine is 8W) with no way to turn it off (except power down/disconnect).