Reci 100W v 90W laser tubes

Thread: Reci 100W v 90W laser tubes

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Reci 100W v 90W laser tubes

Hello,

We had to have a replacement tube sent for our new machine because the one in it arrived broken. When the new tube arrived I unboxed it and noticed it was shorter; on inspection of the paperwork it was clear that the tube was a 90W model not a 100W one. I spoke to the supplier of the machine (who are UK based as I am) and they insisted that it was actually a 100W tube as Reci 90W and 100W tubes are the same thing but with different labels which seemed very odd to me.

I have two questions;

- is the distributor telling the truth? I think not and I can't find anything on Reci or related forums about this plus the tube is visibly shorter.

- I may be stuck with the tube for a while anyway, would I be able to run it safely in my machine and if so would I need to take any steps to make it safe? I'm also concerned about the lifespan of the tube if I run it then its going to shorten the lifespan.

Thanks for your answers!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Reci 100W v 90W laser tubes

Forgot to mention; the machine is a 1390 CO2 laser from Dropswell, fairly standard machine but its obviously built to take the larger 100W tubes so I'm concerned about putting a smaller one in.

Downloads
    Uploads

To quickly the RECI model number, along with rated (average) power and max power, you can check eBay listings. If the UK ebay listings are limited, then get to the US ebay site. Search RECI laser tubes then see the charts within the descriptions. See the dimensions (measurements), and power levels. You can also contact RECI directly and pose the question to them, at recilaser.com. It is important to get this information in order to have the correct match with the power supply and its current calibration (for example, lower power lasers can run at lower current ratings. In other words, if you run excessive current then the gas is consumed much faster, and RECI can recognize this and void the warranty).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for that, I've had a fiddle around with it and its clear that the tube is not adequate in the slightest! I also found out that the power of a tube is proportional to its length and focus so a short tube will be of a lower power unless its fatter. After looking at the eBay listings I thought I'd look up the manufacturer too, Reci were surprisingly helpful and confirmed what I thought... of course Dropswell are now arguing that it is so I guess that's the mark of a bad company that should be kept away from.

Downloads
    Uploads

I can supply you durable glass laser tube range from 80W-150W it is the same design as reci old model.And I do believe this model is much durable than present my email is yjlasertube@gmail.com skype: jason1982918