Need Help! Power Supply question

Thread: Power Supply question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Power Supply question

Is there a power supply and glass tube combination that is capable of top quality photo engraving at speeds up to 300 mm sec? I recently was told the chinese c02 laser power supplies cannot switch on and off fast enough at those speeds to get top quality. I slowed down to 75mm sec and the results were night and day different, problem is, you can't make money running that slow, and an RF tube is out of the question right now. My machine is a Unichcnc 1318, 60w reci tube, rdc6344g controller and leadshine servo's. Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Power Supply question

That`s why RF is better. And always will...

CNC lasers, constructions, service

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So the answer is no.

Downloads
    Uploads

What power level do you need? Because on the used market there are RF laser retrofits on to Chinese machines. I find that that the wattage comparison, is about 25% higher for glass tubes. In other words, to get comparable power results, multiply by 1.25, or divide by 1.25. So, for example, if your engraving using 40 watts, then a used, gas refilled, 30 watt RF can do the job.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

60w max is all I need. I've seen used Synrad RF tubes with a power supply, but they were around $5000-$6000. Do you know a good supplier for the RF conversion? My controller has an output for RF tubes, guess I'd just need the tube and power supply?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by closeracing View Post
    60w max is all I need. I've seen used Synrad RF tubes with a power supply, but they were around $5000-$6000. Do you know a good supplier for the RF conversion? My controller has an output for RF tubes, guess I'd just need the tube and power supply?
    That pricing sounds a bit high for 50 watts. Search around using google, and there are better deals out there.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was looking for a 60w, but found a place called Bell Laser that sells the DC ps, wiring harness, laser tube, electronics connection, mounting brackets. for $3900 for a 50w