Problem Circles cutting erratically and jagged

Thread: Circles cutting erratically and jagged

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Circles cutting erratically and jagged

Hi, need a little help. I have searched the Forum and tried the various solutions but to no avail.
    My Chinese laser SG350 (Ruida) is not cutting circles and arcs properly, as the photo shows. Circles are at various speeds.
    Happened a few weeks ago and I lubed the rails and it helped but started doing it again a week later, lubed again but did not help so I reset the XY axis and it helped for a day. Checked for loose lens, belt tension is fine, no loose pulleys and mirrors aligned. It occurs exactly the same at various locations across the bed. Has anyone got any suggestions? Would a factory reset help? By doing a factory reset will I have to calibrate everything again? Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Circles cutting erratically and jagged-28378978_10156205132377905_5818521879512284361_n-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Circles cutting erratically and jagged

Flats in circles could be from low steps per rev setting on the drive. As the circle is drawn it can’t make fine changes due to a course drive setting, resulting in flats. This is a problem with belt drives that have a large movement per stepper rev.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I have somehow managed to get it 99% better. I had to set a Y offset of 0.1 in the settings and this seemed to help. Still not sure why it started doing it after 3 years of smooth running.
    Thanks for the reply

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did you ever figure this out. I have a similar problem. Chinese blue and white 50W.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pinchio View Post
    Did you ever figure this out. I have a similar problem. Chinese blue and white 50W.
    Hi, no never really sorted it out. Since this post I completely reset my machine and reloaded settings from here https://rdworkslab.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=457 , it sorted the problem out for a few months then it started again.
    last thing I did was tighten my Y axis belt super tight and it helped but the machine still does it every now and again.
    I have put it down to Software error as it is never consistent.

Downloads
    Uploads

Your belts should never be ‘super tight’. Finger tight is tight enough. You’re not driving a cam in an ICE.